Stone Sheep Hunt Success

OP
OutdoorsMD

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
No, we did not have a film crew. I did get some great video footage however on my phone via digiscoping.

Takman

FNG
Beautiful! Congratulations and thank you for sharing. Curious about your rifle set up.

OP
OutdoorsMD

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
My go to rifle is a proof research Glacier Ti. I had it made with a shortening length of pull and a shortened barrel to fit my needs. Yes, it looks like a youth model rifle but I love it. I have it mounted with Hawkins rings and a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 and weighs in right at 7lbs scoped. I am in agreement with degreasing the screws and carefully mounting my scope as I tend to be a bit OCD about my rifle and the thought of a zero shift on some of the remote backcountry hunts gives my anxiety. My gun has been beaten around, dropped, thrown around, flown on over 30 flights etc mountain goat, elk, mule deer, and sheep hunts and havent had two resight or adjust anything on it since setting it up. I know the 6.5 creedmoor has its detractors but it hasn’t let me down yet and as a smaller framed guy I don’t handle recoil that well. I enjoy shooting it and doesn’t make me flinch like my 30.06 and other rifles I have owned have.

IMG_3348.jpegIMG_3350.jpeg