Strange Find while hunting Elk on Public Land

jmez

WKR
Could turn this into a “stuff you found in the Bighorns” thread. Came across this one in a place that didn’t seem very accessible by vehicle.

One of those where I hunt in the Bighorns as well. It is out in a large grass flat though. I can see how they got it our there but not why they would just leave the entire thing.

When you find a pillar of rocks piled up that is generally a trail marker made by cowboys/ranch hands.

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
One of those where I hunt in the Bighorns as well. It is out in a large grass flat though. I can see how they got it our there but not why they would just leave the entire thing.

When you find a pillar of rocks piled up that is generally a trail marker made by cowboys/ranch hands.

Is it this one?

Attachments

• 03C637A1-5326-4214-A3A8-4FE9DC914353.jpeg
    03C637A1-5326-4214-A3A8-4FE9DC914353.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 205

4rcgoat

WKR
I know a lot of locals who were born and raised out this way,its amazing how much vechicle access there was on the mountain
" back in the day".

I found this one last year in CO. I find it hilarious that the cave paintings dating back 30-40,000 years ago are pretty similar. You read the academic articles about them and they claim it represents fertility or some other abstract symbolism, when really, some dudes just like to draw naked ladies on stuff, apparently always have and always will. Maybe they haven’t evolved much since then? 😂View attachment 222082

The joke in anthropology and archeology is that if we can’t explain it “umm yeah, it’s ritualistic”. But I’ve always had a hunch that humans like to tell stories and draw naked chicks.

I was out hunting with some other Roksliders at Sonoma Lake a few years back and came across a large "F**k trump" carving in a nice tree . Definitely took some time. Beautiful area and a nice looking tree. Or was a nice looking tree. Plenty of derelicts out in the woods. The 40 cartridges is just another display of wasted time and defacement of a tree. Summary : Work of a RETARD.

Phaseolus

WKR
I found this marking on a pine 2.5 miles back at 9400 ft elevation through a boulder field and dense jungle like water seep while hunting cow elk in the Bighorn Mountains west of Sheridan, WY. Those are .40 s&w casings hammered into the tree to make the shape of an 8. Does anyone know the significance?

44cd506c6a61bde52fb5fad4f542470c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s not a pine...