Stratton custom rifles..

Just looking for feedback/testimonials from anyone that's had a rifle built by him.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just based on the info he's put out and communicating with him a bit, I think he'd be a great guy to have a no compromises build done by. His timeline didn't meet what I was looking for last spring or I very well might have sent him some work.

Seems like a real perfectionist way beyond the typical cutting a chamber to spec and bolting parts together type of job. He's also likely to cost a little more than others but he does work others dont from the looks of it.

sshunter

FNG
Just based on the info he's put out and communicating with him a bit, I think he'd be a great guy to have a no compromises build done by. His timeline didn't meet what I was looking for last spring or I very well might have sent him some work.

Seems like a real perfectionist way beyond the typical cutting a chamber to spec and bolting parts together type of job. He's also likely to cost a little more than others but he does work others dont from the looks of it.
From what I’ve seen on his socials I would infer the same. Just sent him a message on pricing and depending on that I may very well have a custom rifle in the works soon 🤞.

From what I’ve seen on his socials I would infer the same. Just sent him a message on pricing and depending on that I may very well have a custom rifle in the works soon 🤞.

The main thing I saw with him that's different - if he's chambering a barrel for you he's going to charge you to spend extra time going through your action and fire control system and make sure everything is as it should be. Maybe that is wrapped into the price of a full build but it made the cost of just doing a barrel a fair bit higher than most and I think it may be well worth it in some cases. He and Alex Wheeler and maybe Ryan Pierce? are the only ones i've seen discuss doing this on their builds.

svivian

WKR
He is excellent, very nice guy to work with. He is a perfectionist and particular with his work.