Stratus vs Fanatic/incinerator?

IDspud

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty sure I don't want the stratus line since I already own the ascent lineup for warm weather and mountain pants and a Jetstream jacket with a liner for cold.

I'm good with my mountain pants and Jetstream jacket in conditions down to 0 as long as I'm moving. I'm looking for an outer layer to wear while checking my trapline, sitting in a frozen **** blind, and sitting around camp. I also want general extreme cold weather gear that's comfortable to sit still in during the coldest Idaho months in the mountains.

Should I grab the Fanatic set or the Incinerator? I imagine whichever one I get will be too hot to walk in? Is this gear something you usually carry in your pack and throw on over your existing gear once you've hiked in? Would the stratus pants make a better pants for keeping the legs warm inside of waders?

OP
IDspud

IDspud

Lil-Rokslider
For anyone reading this in the future. I ended up getting the e incinerator and I’m less than impressed. While it’s nice how compact it is I doubt it will keep me warm in really cold weather. I’ve been wearing it around hunting on 50 degree nights without getting hot. I think my cheap army jacket liner keeps me just as warm. Can’t say it’s worth $650.