Stuck between two rifles..

As a firearm collector I always love buying new guns. I don’t need another hunting rifle. I have all of my bases covered. But I like them! So I’m stuck on choosing between two rifles (eventually I’ll have both, in different calibers probably..)

Weatherby Vanguard Talon
Tikka T3X Lite Roughtech (either ember or the sportsman’s warehouse green version)

Liking the 6.5 creedmoor idea right now.. as I already have a 300 win mag (MK V) and a .308 (Model 70 EWMB.)

My 30-06 XPR is likely going to be sold in favor of something a bit nicer.

What would you do? Most of my hunting is MI Whitetail. Adding Montana Elk this year with the .300win.

Sorry if this is redundant with other posts, I just like talking about and nerding out on gear! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
6.5 creedmoor tikkas are awesome. Get one of those.

That vanguard talon is cool too and has an awesome stock but if I remember I passed on it because the barrel and fluting would take work to get the way I want.

OP
allstajacket
I’m not a CM fan , if I was buying a new rifle I would get a caliber + 3000fps
6.5-284 , PRC , 6.5-3000 ,
or a 7PRC
in a nice rig of whoever chambers what you pick

7PRC looks amazing and is on the list. Always wanted a 7mm and a 7mm-08 is on the “wants” list for sure.

I wish the Talon was offered in it. Maybe weatherby will add that chambering?

I’m thinking a Tikka in 6.5creedmoor like others have suggested here, and the talon in something else.

OP
allstajacket
6.5 creedmoor tikkas are awesome. Get one of those.

That vanguard talon is cool too and has an awesome stock but if I remember I passed on it because the barrel and fluting would take work to get the way I want.

After seeing all of the accuracy posts, I think a 6.5 tikka is in my future regardless. And a .223.

Wish the Talon was offered in other chamberings.

Also thought of just adding the Peak44 stock to my MK V Hunter 300win, but I love the camo finish my Mk V has. (kings XK7, see pic)
651340285c82cc03779370e4248cbb8c.jpg

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
That’s absolutely beautiful!

It's my first center-fire Tikka, it's so much more than I'm used to coming from Savage and other (adequate) but inexpensive options. I LOVE the look of the Ember but I thought it would be out of place hunting the woods here in SE Indiana. The deer care what color combos I choose you know 🙄 😂

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
I have two Tikkas and an upgraded Vanguard. No brainer go with the Talon. Both have 24 inch barrels, similar triggers but the Talon has a big upgrade in stock.

dv8pnt

FNG
I also have the bases covered but won a tikka 3x lite in 6.5 creedmoor at a bash. I put a Swaro z3 3x10x42 mm on it and really like it. Shoots fantastic with Hornady 143 grain eldx ammo. Shot 4 deer with it the last couple weeks.

The Guide

WKR
I'd get the Tikka. Both of the 6.5CM Tikkas I have (daughter and wife shoot them) have shot very good groups with multiple types of ammo. I'm not a fan of the Vanguard action. Just doesn't feel good to me.

Jay