Success in MT

Was able to put a good shot on my 1st animal in Montana-pronghorn buck. Spotted him about 1000 yards away I'm guessing, stalked throuh a creek bed to 150-200 yards.

I used a Montana buck decoy-worked perfectly. Wind was blowing pretty good in my favor, when the buck turned the other way I hopped out of the creek bed and put the decoy up while crouching behind it.

The buck was curious and came to check out the intruder. He kept angling towards me so I would periodically pull the back leg stake to keep hidden and the decoy angled towards the buck.

The buck got to 70 yards and I had my rangefinder in my hand checking the yardagebwhile keeping hidden as best I could. The last range I got was 62 yards.

I was on my knees, and could could the bucks steps looking under the decoy. I drew back while hidden, estimated the range at 50 yards. Buck was quartered to me pretty good, so I put my pin in the crease between the shoulder and sternum, aiming just behind the off side shoulder.

I dont remember even seeing my pin, but as I slowly put tension on the release I felt the arrow go and heard the sound all bowhunters look forward to hearing.

Cant post pics from my phone, can someone post them up for me?

OP
Jacob Chapman
Thanks for posting them for me!

At the time when I took the picture, I put on of my arrows @ the spot where the blood trail started, and I hadn't found my arrow that passed thru. I did end up recovering it so that was nice.