Suggestions for 300wsm load

Hey everyone, I've got a Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT in 300wsm with a vortex razor LHT 4.5-22x50 scope on it. Right now I am shooting the Norma Bondstrike 180-grain rounds. Right now I love those rounds as I can shoot less than a dime-size grouping at 200 yards and have 1500 ft/lbs of energy and around 1950fps behind it at 1000 yards. I shot my first mule deer with it and dropped it first shot at 450 yds and was impressed with the results. I would like to be shooting the Barnes ttsx 180 grain bullets and make a load for it that has almost identical results as the norma bondstrikes, where do I start, or does anyone have any recommendations?

AkRyan

WKR
Out of curiosity if the bond strike is working so well why would you want to switch to a solid? If your only shooting to hunt stick with the norma stuff and pile them up. If your feeling the need to spend hundreds of dollars to develop a 180ttsx load that will not perform on game at range as good as what you have then jump in the band wagon.

R17 and magpro give great velocity in 300wsm.

OP
B
Out of curiosity if the bond strike is working so well why would you want to switch to a solid? If your only shooting to hunt stick with the norma stuff and pile them up. If your feeling the need to spend hundreds of dollars to develop a 180ttsx load that will not perform on game at range as good as what you have then jump in the band wagon.

My main reason for wanting to make a load for it and switch it up is to get that more satisfied experience while hunting, knowing that I put in the hard work to find this animal and I was able to bring home something using a cartridge I put together myself vs just buying it at the store. Plus I plan on shooting this gun at a precision shoot we have here once a year where you have to use a hunting rifle and bench guns are not allowed.

OP
B
If u are shooting dime size groups at 200, pretty sure I wouldn’t change a thing and literally buy every box of that ammo I could get my hands on.
I have already stocked up on in a little and have 5 boxes of it. It’s a little expensive and I’ve got other guns and ammo I need to buy as well. So I just buy a box every pay day now.

A 180 TTSX isn't going to duplicate the performance of a 180 bondstrike for a handful of reasons but most notably it has a much lower BC. So it's more expensive (than most lead bullets), worse ballistically, and will have smaller wound channels on animals.

Fishmaster196

Lil-Rokslider

This… I have a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in .300WSM. It shoots the Hornady Precision Hunter factory load in under an inch. However I can’t find them anywhere and Hornady when I asked about a production run of them stated that they were not sure when they were going to produce any.
I tried the Norma Bondstrikes and they will not shoot a consistent group at all…so I fell into the rabbit hole of developing a load that would shoot from my rifle.
As I was new to reloading… hundreds of dollars later I have a good load of H4350 and Barnes 168 gr ttsx…