Suggestions for fat bike/ebike hitch carriers

Kindo

WKR
Anyone have any suggestions for a solid built hitch mounted bike carrier? I’d like something rated for at least 50lbs per bike with the ability to haul 2 bikes.

This will be going on the back of an older 4runner which is my hunting rig and it’ll see some bouncing around etc.

So far I’ve really liked the looks of the 1-UP brand but something a little more affordable would be nice.

Thanks!

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR
Look at this. I've got one. Solid rack...

Thanks, that’s actually towards the top of the list. My only concern is the weight limit isn’t that high. My ebike is said to be 59lbs. What do you haul with yours?

Edit: sorry, I thought it was a different one. Looks like that one should be plenty sturdy.

thanks again!

bsnedeker

WKR
Here is what I’ve been looking at and I tend to be a “buy quality, cry once” sort of guy but dang that is steep. I really like the idea of having the cargo hauler AND bike rack on my midsize SUV.

Wow, that's an interesting idea. The Add Ons say that each add on is only rated to 50 lbs though...not sure that would work for your bike.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Kuat, there are well made. The NV 2.0 can hold two 60 pound bikes. It can be expanded to a three bike rack at 50 pounds per bike or to a four bike rack at 40 pounds per bike.

I have the Sherpa, which is cheaper, but it will only hold two bikes at 40 pounds each.

Kiddross

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I had a pic for ya but I couldn't find a reasonably priced bike rack that I felt comfortable putting my electric fat bike on so I built my own. I bought the largest cargo rack I could find. I then bolted a kuat dirtbag truck mount To it along with another one for my hunting partners 29'er on the other side. It works out nice as the bikes are rigidly mounted thru the axles and a bungee on the back tire keeps them from bouncing. We can even fit a 3rd bike in between if need be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk