Suggestions for outdoor style workouts

freshta

WKR
Anyone know of any other outdoors style workouts online that I may have missed? By outdoors style, I'm talking about workouts utilizing rucking, running, body weight routines, sandbags, medicine balls, etc. I've already signed up for T2H. I've done some of SSD's backcountry routines... Extremely effective, but extremely time consuming and monotonous. I've also done Rescue Athlete's workouts, but they tend to use the gym too often. Just curious to know what else is out there.

Thanks,
Tony

If you live close to where you hunt, actual scouting in the woods is way more fun and interesting than just plain rucking or running.

I've looked at SSD's programming as well, and you're right- some workouts take a while and start to get boring. I like to mix in mountain biking or trail runs- workouts that are more fun and not just something you have to get done. Maybe not quite as effective as the workouts you mentioned for hunting, but still good for you and a fun change of pace.

Hill sprints will kick your butt really fast, if you are looking for something less time consuming.

KHNC

WKR
Check out SOFLETE Specifically the Stamina Team. 25.00 per month with no contract. Team of SOF Operators run it. They tailor the workouts in cycles that you can start anytime. Great group of guys.

elkyinzer

WKR
I'm not a big fan of the programs, I get them and why they are popular, but they aren't for me. I prefer to just stay active and be outside. I do spend some time in the gym (my basement) when the weather is shitty or I want to quick blow off some steam.

hike
run, or as I prefer, HIIT
mountain biking
rowing
swim
ski
ice or roller skate
climb - rocks, trees, vines
cut/move wood
split wood

So you want a little more intense workout than a simple hike can offer? Throw in some bodyweight workouts you can do virtually anywhere. Use trees, rocks, or whatever to make gravity work against you. Don't have a pullup bar? Find a tree with a strong limb. Move/lift/throw literally anything heavy. Don't have a medicine ball? Logs, rocks, empty kegs and such make fine substitutes

Hunter6

WKR
I have been using the brute force app. It's a body weight and sandbag program that offers a new and different workout everyday. Takes 5-30 mins. I have really enjoyed this program. Mix in some weighted hikes and bike rides and you have a good workout program with no gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F

freshta

WKR
Thanks for the posts guys. I knew there were more out there that I was missing.