Sunglasses for Sheep Hunting

C Bow

WKR
May I ask what brand of sunglasses you prefer for Sheep hunting

Last edited:
I used to never wear sunglasses and I’m trying to get back to that.
But I’ve got Oakley Gascans that replaces my Native Wahzees. I just go for amber/yellow lenses to help see better contrast and colors.
But I’m trying to go back to just the hat kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy

WKR
I really really tried to resist, but the smart a$$ in me just couldn't.
We cant help you choose your sunglasses until we know which style of flat brim hat you wear and how big your manbun is?🤣🤣🤣

OP
C Bow

C Bow

WKR
No problem Scrappy I knew a smart a$$ once We carried him for 4 days to get him to a place where a helicopter could take his remains to his family. Sorry but every time someone makes a remark like that it always brings back bad memories and as far as having a manbun I am so old I am bald can not grow hair anymore

Wapiti1

WKR
On my last sheep hunt, my guide told me that sunglasses were the equivalent of a banana on a fishing boat. If you are aware of that superstition.

I never wear them when I'm hunting. Too annoying trying to use them with binocs. If I did wear them, I would wear Serengeti Maestrale with polarized Sedona or drivers lenses.

Jeremy

OP
C Bow

C Bow

WKR
Wapiti1 Thanks I am going to Alaska in August and they were on list to bring. I was curios as to brand hunters use

JMDavies

WKR
Oakley Flax. You can replace the lenses when they get scratched and they have different colors to choose from.

USMC-40

WKR
I wear sunglasses and bring sunscreen. I understand the superstitions, but also understand what sun burn and having tired eyes from squinting all day feels like. My preference is an ‘enclosed’ lense that can take being dropped - I also wear the dorky lanyard so I don’t lose them (as easily)

bradb

WKR
Mine are sport optics lens in Rudy project frames, photocromatic, but also prescription and the only glasses I took

I picked up some Costa brines last year before elk hunting and they helped quite a bit. They give more contrast, particularly in shades of brown, and the reduced glare helped with eyestrain. I really noticed it driving in snow.