superfeet arch support position issue

I've been needing additional arch support from my insole and went with the superfeet orange because they rated quite highly for this. Well I purchased the size for my shoe size and trimmed them using the stock insole as a template and put them in. They seem to fit perfectly in the shoe. The issue is it seems like the arch support for the insole feels like its too far back toward my heel. It's not under my arch. It feels like it needs to be 1-1.5 inches further forward to be under my arch. Has anyone else experienced this? I was wondering if it might work to buy a size or two larger insole and then I would just have to trim them more, then maybe the arch would be further forward. I'm just wondering if my feet are a little differently shaped and my arch is further forward than most???

gelton

WKR
They all feel that way as its part of their design. Im certainly no expert but it has something to do with pronation and supination...in english, helps keep your foot from breaking down with each step by stabilizing the rear part of your foot. Might feel funny at first but walk a while in them and I think you will like them...I use em in all my boots.

http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/why-superfeet#the-science

PMcGee

WKR
They all feel that way as its part of their design. Im certainly no expert but it has something to do with pronation and supination...in english, helps keep your foot from breaking down with each step by stabilizing the rear part of your foot. Might feel funny at first but walk a while in them and I think you will like them...I use em in all my boots.

http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/why-superfeet#the-science

This. I thought they felt weird at first but after a couple hikes you'll get used to it.

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
I really struggled with the orange. I bought a pair of carbons and I wear them in everything. They are a little lower volume so they make feel like there is a little bit of play in the front of your foot but they are incredibly comfortable.

I had the same issue and continued to run them and they never felt good, I switched to red spynco and I've been extremely impressed.

steveo

FNG
I use the green, blue and orange. All felt weird for the first little while. The best way to get used to them is to do you training with your boots on and the insole in them. Your feet get used to the feeling.

Ed T

Lil-Rokslider
Could be that your arch length is different than your overall foot length. Get measured by a competent boot fitter with a Branock device.. You might need to size up on the Superfeet and trim more off the toe area.

kpk

WKR
If the arch is too far back on the insole it will probably never feel right. I just bought a pair last week and it was actually recommended to fit for the arch of your foot rather than shoe size. I went up a size on the insoles to get the arch in the right spot. You can trim the end to however short you want, but you can't adjust where the arch is...

n2horns

WKR
You may need to buy a larger size to fit your arch not your foot lenght. I did that and found they fit better and more comfortable. Your feet still need to get used to the inserts too.

I wear the greens and they feel that way if I haven't worn them for a while. Just recently tried the orange and they are a little different fit, seem more open under the arch area. I have a pair of Spenco Total Support insoles that are pretty good(not squishy rubber) that may be worth a try. the arch is further forward on them. For the record, I like the greens and they seem to help me walk longer with better support while out hunting and the feeling of the arch in the front of the heel goes away in a short time.

endorice

Lil-Rokslider
Don't buy arch supports based on other reviews. It's kinda like boot fitment; one size doesn't fit all. I went in to a running shop and asked someone to match a good arch support to fit my foot. Glad I did because my arch was slightly different as well.

While were on the topic of superfeet. Any idea how long one should wear these before replacing. I wear the green daily and put several miles a day on them. Just wondering if I should be replacing them yearly or what.

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
I was told by the boot fitter at REI the superfeet are designed to put pressure on the very back of the arch. Sole I was told to match to to arch not foot size. I have a size 13 arch and 11 1/2 foot. Both brands work fine as above.

While were on the topic of superfeet. Any idea how long one should wear these before replacing. I wear the green daily and put several miles a day on them. Just wondering if I should be replacing them yearly or what.
Don't know for sure, but I have at least 2 pair that date from about 2004. Been wearing them hunting and for work. Probably something like a couple year lifespan but since they are not cushy they don't really pack down and lose their effectiveness.

Looks for cracks in the plastic, flexing the insole and looking for white stressed areas or a crack. When cracked, replace.

I actually called and talked to a rep at superfeet because I was only getting 4-6 months from my last 2 pair of insoles in my work boots. They told me that was a good time frame.

I quit buying them and was very unpleased with that answer. Spynco has been a much better comfort and durability wise

PMcGee

WKR
I actually called and talked to a rep at superfeet because I was only getting 4-6 months from my last 2 pair of insoles in my work boots. They told me that was a good time frame.

I quit buying them and was very unpleased with that answer. Spynco has been a much better comfort and durability wise

What broke down on them? I've had mine in my tibets for 2 years and just put them in my cevedales. No cracks or anything and they still feel good.