Supplements and Vitamins

I really don't care for the hype and marketing of supplements. When I was fat I thought snorting lines of MTN Ops would make me Cam Hanes.

Well I needed a dietitian to teach me how to eat.

Now that I've got that figured out I'll take just a multivitamin and creatine. I don't pay huge money for it. Bull Supplements seems to be the best bang for your buck. I can buy two pound bag of Creatine for 50 bucks. Same stuff that's in the small tubs I was paying 25-30 for. Same with multivitamins. Buy almost a years supply for cheap.

You can't out supplement a bad diet or not understanding how to eat to achieve a given goal be it weight loss gain or maintenance or a reverse.

Bama67

FNG
Another big problem is that, although it has gotten better lately, medical professionals often don't know shit about nutrition. Tons still think the food pyramid was fine (6-11 servings of breads and cereals LOL)

Even my Mothers cardiologist tells her that beef and eggs are bad, and grains/bread/sugars are fine. When her Little Debbie and Soft drink habit earned her a double bypass in the first place.

KenLee

WKR
Another big problem is that, although it has gotten better lately, medical professionals often don't know shit about nutrition. Tons still think the food pyramid was fine (6-11 servings of breads and cereals LOL)

Even my Mothers cardiologist tells her that beef and eggs are bad, and grains/bread/sugars are fine. When her Little Debbie and Soft drink habit earned her a double bypass in the first place.
Don't be up in here bad mouthing Lil Debbie. 😉 She's sacred to 90% of hunters.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been down this for a while now. There are 3 levels my family has started doing
1st:
Eat healthy, by that, what we do is meat, eggs and we eat greens out of the garden only when in season. Meat is 90% harvested and processed by us. Eggs are our own chikens. We can and freeze vegetables from the garden at their freshest to try and keep items longer as well as a root cellar that keeps potatoes and canned goods...plus wine but that is a cheat day item to us. Cut out all oils except for olive oil.
We stay active, i work out at least 3 days a week but do property management, so hard telling what that counts as.

2nd:
Suppliment with vitamins/minerals. I take a B12 vitamin, ADK vitamin, Quercetin, tumeric, a lutein vitamin for eye sight, and magnesium. We are going to take a methylation deficiencies test to optimize these vitamins as well. None of these are synthesized by cyanocobalamin

3rd:
Long term improvement is we are cutting out all tap water (easy for us on a cistern system). Removing all plastic packaging where we can. Not heating up items in plastic. Potatoes lose the negative effects on starch when you cook, let cool down and then re-heat again. Improving the garden/greenhouse to have fresh vegetables as close to year around as we can. Starting to raise more animals for food (pigs) and control what they eat.

This can get exhausting to be self reliant...