Suppressed 22 LR for 13 Month Old Daughter

Vern400

WKR
Do you have a fixed 4X recommendation?
The old 4 power 32mm tasco pronghorn scope is excellent out to about a hundred yards on game. You have to get them off eBay, and you absolutely must by the ones made in japan, or Taiwan. They're pretty darn good and they're about 30 bucks. Clarity is good, adjustments are good, crosshairs are good up to about 75 yards but they are a little bit big. I've had problems with some of the cheap Scopes like Simmons and Chinese made stuff. Parallax problems. Big time.
They're perfectly capable on a high power rifle.

I understand if you think my idea is bad. Some folks just got to have something new. But I've bought four or five of them and every one of them has worked flawlessly. I like getting a $30 or $40 scope that I would have to pay 10 times that new. I also have some high-end Leopold LRP scopes but I put them on rifles that need one to reach their potential.

The Ruger American with the shorter stock insert is great for kids, and a really nice little rifle. I am a huge fan of the Tikka T1x, I have 2 and they are everything I'd want in a 22. One really cool rifle that lots of people aren't familiar with is the TacSol Owyhee. Its essentially a Ruger 10/22 takedown but a bolt action. It fits into a Magpul 10/22 takedown stock, uses 10/22 mags, and some other 10/22 accessories. It weighs 3.8 pounds, and is just a riot with a can. I put a TacSol TSS integral suppressed barrel on mine, its probably one of my most favorite guns bar none.

RussDXT

WKR
I would thread what he’s got as it’s lighter. A 6x SWFA would be great for dialing and holding, if he isn’t doing that this is a god spot for a fixed 4x.

I want him to get used to dialing. I’ve had him do that a bit shooting longer range.
8b11dcf7cd13cfd50ee58ec619e0a6a4.jpg

Grumman

WKR
OP not to be a Debbie downer but I was also very excited to outfit my kids with rifles and bows as soon as possible. Unfortunately they grew up to shoot lefty so keep that in mind. I never saw that coming and had to do some last minute trading.

I should clarify I traded the rifles and bow I bought, not the kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
Ruger American compact with a Leupold FX-II 2.5x20, easily shoots moa at 100 yds, very quiet with CCI standard velocity, its ammo of choice, with a Banish 22.

Another Rascal recommendation here. I bought one when for my now 15 year old. I threaded it and left the irons on it, this before they offered a threaded version . Talk about just silly fun shooting that thing with a can on it. He has long since out grown it.