Suppressed Rifle Build

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
This is mine from LRI. I went 1/2-28 and just rockset my own 5/8” on it. It looks awesome and still shoots great. 17”, standard lite barrel, 6.5CM
IMG_5364.jpegIMG_5721.jpeg

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
I don't own one so just going off comments I've read here and elsewhere, but I've seen multiple references to 6.5 PRC factory ammo producing roughly the same velocity as 6.5 CM factory ammo, which makes me think why bother?

I don't own one so just going off comments I've read here and elsewhere, but I've seen multiple references to 6.5 PRC factory ammo producing roughly the same velocity as 6.5 CM factory ammo, which makes me think why bother?
In my experience, it seems to vary greatly between factory ammo lots (my Norma were about 200 fps slow). However, the increased case capacity WILL propel the same bullets much faster when handloading or with the right lots. Seems to be about 200 fps increase over creed speeds.

Everyone needs another rifle, and that's why we bother :LOL:

Factory Hornady precision hunter is a solid 150 fps faster, apples to apples. Is that worth it?

YMMV

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
To me? Nah. My Swede already trounces the Creed and is already overbore enough without a magnum bolt face. I guess the one definitive conclusion here is factory ammo blows goats.