Suppressor wait times

IW17

FNG
Got my first two suppressors yesterday. Other than the multiple trips to the shop for purchase, paperwork and certify, it was a smooth process. I certified on Saturday and got my approvals on Tues and Wednesday. So 3-4 days including the weekend.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
So maybe the ATF hasn't really figured out the batching yet. Just had a Trust Eform4 approved today that was certified 12/5. I have another certified 2/27 that didn't get approved with it. Both single shot trusts through silencer shop.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
I couldn't stand it, ordered a Huxwrx Flow 6K Monday, dealer submitted Form 3 Tuesday, Form 3 Approved today and suppressor shipped to my dealer today. Lets see how fast this goes. I have 4 cans that I waited 9-12 months for...

Samson7x

WKR
Finally got approval on this one.

297 days individual

Never got a response from FBI. Was hoping for a batch approval with my others but no such luck.

Ok well maybe I was wrong, just got batch approved for my other 2

Submitted 6/23/23, approved 4/16
Submitted 9/11/23, approved 4/18
Submitted 11/27/23, approved 4/18

All transferred as individual

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
So maybe the ATF hasn't really figured out the batching yet. Just had a Trust Eform4 approved today that was certified 12/5. I have another certified 2/27 that didn't get approved with it. Both single shot trusts through silencer shop.
I have a Single Shot Trust eForm4 that certified 12/15 so I'm glad to hear about yours getting approved. Mine should be soon!

gman82001

WKR
Submitted for a harvester evo last night as individual hopefully the wheels dont fall off the fast turn around times now that I’m in the system

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Update on my prior post, with Capitol Armory related timeline of dates/action. I can and do purchase locally, but Capitol had what I wanted in stock, their prices are generally very competitive, and I wanted to try it to see how it went. This should provide a good idea of their process. So far, its gone very good, and I'm probably in the longest waiting part now.

I also had set up a ATF eforms account a while ago. I did have some issues with default "county" in my address as I live rural, but ATF admin was helpful in getting it corrected (three day process from email to final change). If you don't have one by now, go ahead and set it up.

All dates are 2024.
22 March: Purchased and Paid for suppressor and fingerprint kit as I am a first time customer
22 March: Shipping notice for fingerprint kit received via email.
23 March: "Please Complete Online Profile" email received. This is separate from your profile on their store site.
23 March: "Please send fingerprints" email received. Included links to providers of EFT files to upload them electronically.
26 March: Fingerprint Kit received and self rolled my prints. Return envelope with postage paid included, but its snail mail.
27 March: Had to run to the "big city" of Lincoln, NE for parts, and the links provided by Capitol indicated there was a UPS store that could do my prints and transfer them via the EFT file. PrintScan, LLC is the provider and cost was $65. I didn't know Lincoln had a location because PrintScan had it under Lancaster (the county) versus Lincoln. Self serve kiosk at the UPS Store with an employee watching over your shoulder. He was very helpful. Process took 15 minutes and file was in my email in a less than an hour.
27 March: Uploaded eft file to Capitol Armory.
DISCLAIMER: Self printing and mailing will add a few days to the process over the above timeline. I was prepared to two day USPS Priority the print cards back to be safe and have tracking, but did EFT instead. I would estimate an additional 4-5 days to this timeline if I had done that. Capitol Armory states give them 3 - 4 days to process prints.
29 March: Form 4 received, reviewed and DocuSign.
31 March: Email received with instruction to call and certify (yes, on Easter Sunday).
01 April: Called and certified. Was third in line, waited maybe 5 minutes and then 7ish minutes to certify. The rep from Capitol Armory was very helpful and quick.
03 April: Approved email from ATF, followed by one from Capitol Armory shortly after. Email arrived from ATF arrived 6:50 AM. Less than two day approval.
03 April: Email received and completed/DocuSign 4473 and complete CLEO notification information.

Pleased so far. Waiting for Capitol Armory to validate 4473, then mail CLEO notification, wait for the required seven days or so, then ship. I'm hopeful for a one month pay to suppressor delivery, but it will likely go over a few days. I'll update with final CLEO, shipping, and receipt date when it all comes in.
Final update. Super smooth and fast process.

Following the above
11 April: email received from CA indicating CLEO had accepted notification and indicating shipping date of 17 April
16 April: email received indicating order shipped. This is really a "label created email", see below.
18 April: UPS status moved to shipped from label created.
19 April: Suppressor delivered by UPS. Signature required, dogs let me know when the big brown truck is here. Less than 30 days from payment to in hand.

There's been discussion previously on the shipped/label created/in transit dates. On mine it appears the shipped date is the date it ships from CA to your in state FFL who then has to ship it to you. The shipping box had bot a label from CA to "Capitol A Nebraska" and then a label from there to me. I can only assume they box gets to them, they re-lable the box and drop it at a hub or UPS store. The delay in label created to shipped is likely the package going from CA to your in state FFL.

Overall, I'm happy, much easier and faster than before and super easy via CA. I have a Scheels somewhat local (40 minutes away) that sometimes has inventory, but I cant check there everyday or put in stock notifications on like I can with CA. They know i want a Scythe and/or a TBAC ultra 7, but I'm not sure they'd call if one came in if I asked.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Overall, I'm happy, much easier and faster than before and super easy via CA.

That's a great rundown of what it's like to purchase from CA as an individual, good to know!

If anyone has experience with a trust from CA I'd be interested to hear that as well.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a Hyperion k from silencer shop and went through Murdoch's.
Single shot trust
Purchased 11.30.23
Form 4 signed and sent 12.22.23
Approved and picked up 4.19.24

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I couldn't stand it, ordered a Huxwrx Flow 6K Monday, dealer submitted Form 3 Tuesday, Form 3 Approved today and suppressor shipped to my dealer today. Lets see how fast this goes. I have 4 cans that I waited 9-12 months for...

Ordered Online 4/15
Form 3 Approved 4/17
Shipped 4/17
Arrived LGS 4/22
Form 4 Submitted 4/22
Form 4 Approved 4/24

Individual, EFT Prints

I didn’t believe it, but I’m a believer now.

IMG_7492.jpeg

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but thought this Exo podcast was good in somewhat explaining why the times have improved.