Suppressor wait times

twall13

WKR
I just jumped in again, I like seeing the quick turnaround on some of these lately but I know with my luck I need to count on at least 10 months. We'll see how it goes.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
I bought my first (2) on November 17th from a local gun store. They took my pic, fingerprints and did all the paperwork online while I was there and the whole process took about an hour. I did not do a trust. I didn't have any plan to loan my suppressors out and can still will them to my son. I picked up both suppressors yesterday. 88 days from purchase to approval and picked up on the 89th day.
I just don’t see the purpose of not using a trust, honestly. I plan to let my girls hunt with mine independently of me being present. And if I dropped dead today, at least my wife could handle them until it all got sorted out.

But I do get your point.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Damn you all with the fast approvals giving me false hope. After my last approval took ~9 months I was planning on forgetting about my Dec submission until later this year, but now I'm checking my email with anticipation...

(I am happy for you, but knowing my luck it'll be a while for mine)

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
eform4
Individual
Submitted 09-18-2023
Approved 02-06-2024
141 days

I contacted my rep to ask the ATF on my behalf what’s the hold up. ATF responded with a boiler plate response, but my form was approved 7 days later. All of my other cans have taken at least 300 days.

eform4
Individual
Submitted 09-18-2023
Approved 02-06-2024
141 days

I contacted my rep to ask the ATF on my behalf what’s the hold up. ATF responded with a boiler plate response, but my form was approved 7 days later. All of my other cans have taken at least 300 days.
Are you contacting the state representative? I’ve seen this a few times and was curious.

leachguy

FNG
Ordered my Scythe TI on 12/9
Didn't get my eform 4 certified and sent in until 1/17.
I live over an hour from the store I ordered at and I've got a pretty busy life so there wasn't a lot of room to just make a trip to sign. The first time I did make a special trip there was an issue with submitting the form and I had to make another special trip weeks later. Even with all that, still got approved today.
Eform 4
Individual
73 days.

Lando

WKR
I am a bit flabbergasted and feel like it's some kind of a setup, but I submitted my electronic paperwork on Friday, February 16th and received approval to pick up my can today, Wednesday, February 21st. Monday was a holiday of course, so it took 2 whole business days.

My FFL asked if I know people in high places, but I definitely do not. Has anyone ever seen this quick of a turnaround?

wesfromky

WKR
I am a bit flabbergasted and feel like it's some kind of a setup, but I submitted my electronic paperwork on Friday, February 16th and received approval to pick up my can today, Wednesday, February 21st. Monday was a holiday of course, so it took 2 whole business days.

My FFL asked if I know people in high places, but I definitely do not. Has anyone ever seen this quick of a turnaround?
The reddit mega thread has had a number of crazy short times like yours. Psyched for all you all, but sucks sitting here at 200+.

atmat

WKR

Go play lotto my dude.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider

Thats how long it should take but you are definitely the anomaly.

Lando

WKR
Thats how long it should take but you are definitely the anomaly.
When I was filling out my paperwork on Friday with the FFL, we both agreed that it should be easier to buy a suppressor, and thereby protect one's hearing, than it is to buy a gun. Not saying that guns should be harder to purchase, but suppressors shouldn't be so hard.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
When I was filling out my paperwork on Friday with the FFL, we both agreed that it should be easier to buy a suppressor, and thereby protect one's hearing, than it is to buy a gun. Not saying that guns should be harder to purchase, but suppressors shouldn't be so hard.
The sad part is that the silencer companies probably want them to remain regulated so they can keep their prices higher. Have you seen the cost of silencers in countries where they are legal or even encouraged? They are very affordable.

Axlrod

WKR
The sad part is that the silencer companies probably want them to remain regulated so they can keep their prices higher. Have you seen the cost of silencers in countries where they are legal or even encouraged? They are very affordable.
For sure. It's a piece of pipe with some washers inside. ACE hardware could be selling them for $29.95 after the discount coupon!

Geewhiz

WKR
Had a buddy certify in October, just got approved monday. Was thinking to myself that is freaky fast until I saw some of these approvals. My last one was 227 days.

Ralphie

WKR
I emailed NICS on thursday got a response friday that my transaction had been resolved and submitted to the atf. I called the atf today and all they would tell me was it was pending. I contacted my US rep's office today and got a call from them within minutes and then an email after that stating a congressional inquiry on my behalf had been submitted to the atf. So we'll see. I'm closing in on 6 months waiting which I know isn't close to the longest, but I'm pretty tired of seeing all these very quick turn arounds.

FYI, I was on hold with the atf for 15-20 minutes. The guy who answered was friendly, but pretty unhelpful. Not blaming him personally, just stating my experience.