Suppressor wait times

bhylton

WKR
I ordered a scythe ti (backordered) through a local gun shop on December 27th. Backorder still not filled and still have not been able to submit paperwork as we don't have a SN 😞. Sounds like sico is spending all their energy on warranty issues

WHAT!?
How?!
Tell us your secrets!!??
Well, I definitely eliminated the middle man by going directly to a dealer that files eforms. But the rest is likely pure luck. My last can ran me out 9 months or whatever the average was at that time.

Reactions: WKR

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I ordered a scythe ti (backordered) through a local gun shop on December 27th. Backorder still not filled and still have not been able to submit paperwork as we don't have a SN 😞. Sounds like sico is spending all their energy on warranty issues
My scythe was backordered too, it took about 3 weeks.

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
I just had a friend get one at less than 30 days on Monday and had one approved today, certified 10 days ago. Unbelievable.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Man, this thread is getting my hopes up. Just filed on the 14th, hope it's in my hands by September.

Grumman

WKR
Just got notification of my latest approval and it was 72 days. It was an AB Raptor I bought to take advantage of the free Littlebird promo. Still waiting on AB to ship the Litttlebird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JGRaider

WKR
I haven't bought a can since prior to e-form. I liked dealing with Silencershop for the cans I have. Do you guys recommend using them again for e-form submission or is it that big of a deal? I liked the kiosk situation as well. Thanks.

I haven't bought a can since prior to e-form. I liked dealing with Silencershop for the cans I have. Do you guys recommend using them again for e-form submission or is it that big of a deal? I liked the kiosk situation as well. Thanks.
If you can find a shop that submits direct to the ATF then it will be faster than Silencer Shop. If you don’t care about the extended time (I’ve seen 1-3 month delays form folks who use SS) then it’s fine to go through. I think it’s pretty dumb that more gun stores don’t just buy a fingerprint scanner and do it in house.

Capitol armory does it totally online as well so that could be an option for you.

I have a local shop about 40 minutes north of me that I travel to do direct files with.

JGRaider

WKR
If you can find a shop that submits direct to the ATF then it will be faster than Silencer Shop. If you don’t care about the extended time (I’ve seen 1-3 month delays form folks who use SS) then it’s fine to go through. I think it’s pretty dumb that more gun stores don’t just buy a fingerprint scanner and do it in house.

Capitol armory does it totally online as well so that could be an option for you.

I have a local shop about 40 minutes north of me that I travel to do direct files with.
Thanks for the reply. Dumb question....does that mean you buy the suppressor from the LGS if they do as you prescribe?

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Just got notification of my latest approval and it was 72 days. It was an AB Raptor I bought to take advantage of the free Littlebird promo. Still waiting on AB to ship the Litttlebird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same purchase here, although I have been notified that my Littlebird shipped and no approval for the Raptor. I think I'd rather be in your shoes...