Suppressor wait times

Just got mine too:
Silencer Shop individual
Certified 2/3/24
Approved 2/26/24!

Definitely beginners luck, but I’ll take it. I got a raptor 8 with a 4” reflex. Hopefully my little bird (whenever it ships) will be just as fast!

Last edited:

Bluefish

WKR
It seems like they are trying to push everyone to individuals. Trusts are not getting approved quickly, yet individuals are done in super short time. I would guess the average time is looking good as every one of the 2 week approvals will average just fine with a year on a trust.

mtbraun

FNG
It seems like they are trying to push everyone to individuals. Trusts are not getting approved quickly, yet individuals are done in super short time. I would guess the average time is looking good as every one of the 2 week approvals will average just fine with a year on a trust.
It appears that way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can move an individual approved suppressor to a trust after the fact. The trust provides so much flexibility, but it sure looks like they are being de-prioritized. You'd think with the swing the trust companies have, like Silencer Central, this would change.

Matt5266

WKR
It appears that way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can move an individual approved suppressor to a trust after the fact. The trust provides so much flexibility, but it sure looks like they are being de-prioritized. You'd think with the swing the trust companies have, like Silencer Central, this would change.
You can but you have to pay another $200.....

wyogoat

WKR
Tbac .22 through LGS.
Purchased 1/19/24
Submitted 1/22/24
Approved 2/27/24.
No trust/Individual
I like that…13 months for the last one.

Last edited:

mtbraun

FNG
You can but you have to pay another $200.....
So I guess if 9-12 months is worth an extra $200, then go individual, then move it over to a trust. I'm going to try the individual form 4, just to see what experience I have.

WKR
So I guess if 9-12 months is worth an extra $200, then go individual, then move it over to a trust. I'm going to try the individual form 4, just to see what experience I have.
The "the government ain't gettin' my 200 bucks for something that should be free" people just had their heads explode at the idea that someone would pay 200 twice just to get it quicker.

mtbraun

FNG
The "the government ain't gettin' my 200 bucks for something that should be free" people just had their heads explode at the idea that someone would pay 200 twice just to get it quicker.
I don't like it any more than the next guy, but my wait time experience on trusts has been terrible. Nothing sooner than 9 months, and as long as 15!

WKR
I don't like it any more than the next guy, but my wait time experience on trusts has been terrible. Nothing sooner than 9 months, and as long as 15!
Hey, I get it. If it was my first can and I had a hunt coming up or something, I'd be tempted.

If it shaves 6 months off, you're paying 33 bucks a month to have your can for that gap. That's a buck a day for fondle/shoot privileges.

225 days so far

Have you contacted the fbi. Mine were approved last September at 338 days but not too long before that I emailed the fbi and they said my background check was held up and they fixed it, I don’t recall the exact wording but I received approval shortly after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Surprised by my approval today at 42 days. Certified 1/17 and approved 2/27. LGS had several in the last week approved in 5 days or less.

Otter Creek Labs Polonium K.

Geewhiz

WKR
Just got mine approved.

Submitted 1/13/2024
Approved 2/28/2024

45 days (33 business days)

Individual form 4 through my local dealer

My last one took 227 days.

Last edited:

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
It's seeming like all the quick approvals are individual. I'm settling in for the long wait with my 2 in jail on trust.