Suppressor wait times

wapitibob

WKR
my timeline

I went to a local kiosk and filed all the paperwork, forms, and setup an ATF account 1/11/24
Bought the can from a different dealer who doesn't have a kiosk, 1/12/24
SS compliance review done 1/15/24
SS DocuSign completed 1/15/24
SS tax stamp purchased 1/16/24
Certified and E-form 4 submitted 1/20/24
Approved 3/1/24

my SS dashboard still doesn't show the approval

Akken

FNG
Second can purchase I've ever made.
Local Silencershop kiosk dealer here in AK
TBAC ultra 5
Eform 4
Certified: Dec 4
Approved: Feb 21
Total wait: 80 days
SS shop dashboard doesn't shop approval either but I uploaded my certified stamp.

ndsportsman

Lil-Rokslider
e4 form submitted 9/26/2023
e4 form approved 3/9/2024
SS kiosk local gun shop, Single shot trust
155 days, faster than the estimated time...

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
My two paper forms in 2020 were 6 months and 3 weeks. The e form last year was 6 months and 2 weeks. I have another one waiting since October 1. The first one is the killer for the wait. The next ones are not as big a deal since a guy has one to use while waiting?

Yes Silencer shop

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Remember, with Silencer Shop, they have to have the Form 3 (transfer to your dealer) approved before they can lock in that serial number to you and get the Form 4 rolling.

Unless this is for a can that your dealer already has in their inventory. If that is the case, then I agree, it should be a 1-2 day process to get everything filled out and ready to certify.

TheCougar

WKR
Been ready to stage all week pretty frustrated with the entire experience.
f9fc14fdeefff5c8b8908be52b81e5be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Wow. Use CA. Placed the order in 30 seconds over the phone. They said the certification process would be Wed/thur this week. I got the certification email same day and did it first thing this morning. They are AWESOME.

IDVortex

WKR
SS sent me a email about my picture Saturday, got that fixed and they sent me my docusign. I was surprised to get anything on Saturday. Was hoping to get a email this morning saying I needed to go certify with the dealer now... considering the dealer has the can in stock.

Bluefish

WKR
SS sent me a email about my picture Saturday, got that fixed and they sent me my docusign. I was surprised to get anything on Saturday. Was hoping to get a email this morning saying I needed to go certify with the dealer now... considering the dealer has the can in stock.
Once SS has the docusign, then it becomes up to the dealer to schedule the certification call. SS is out of the picture then unless there are issues. Timing for the certification depends on how on top of it the dealer is, it can happen right away or be a delay.

bpurtz

WKR
I ordered a Scythe Ti in a Trust through Capital Armory about a month ago. With everybody posting the fast approval times, I decided to roll the dice and order a second suppressor (Omega 300) through Capital as an Individual. I had to call to have them change my profile from Trust to Individual and the guy asked why I was ordering as an individual this time. I explained how I had read about many fast approvals and the guy said he wouldn't recommend my strategy. He indicated that he believed that there was some "major incompetence or something nefarious" occurring that was recently causing the fast approvals and predicted that the historical normal of 8-9 months would return. 🎲🎲

I ordered a Scythe Ti in a Trust through Capital Armory about a month ago. With everybody posting the fast approval times, I decided to roll the dice and order a second suppressor (Omega 300) through Capital as an Individual. I had to call to have them change my profile from Trust to Individual and the guy asked why I was ordering as an individual this time. I explained how I had read about many fast approvals and the guy said he wouldn't recommend my strategy. He indicated that he believed that there was some "major incompetence or something nefarious" occurring that was recently causing the fast approvals and predicted that the historical normal of 8-9 months would return. 🎲🎲

Attachments

• Negative Vibes.gif
    Negative Vibes.gif
    980.8 KB · Views: 39

Geewhiz

WKR
1710201082397.gif

Ohiohuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my ultra 7 today, I certified at the end of September with my trust. Ordered another one today when I picked up this one lol

I have a couple buddies that work at Scheels. They said they have been seeing multiple 2 week approvals so one buddy filed last Monday and got his approved on Wednesday. The other buddy filed Thursday and got his today.

2 and 4 days. I hope these wait times stay this fast!

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
SilencerCentrial certified on 11/15/23, 12/15/23 and 1/3/24 total 4 cans on trust. All approved on 3/11/24, wonder if that individual from Scheels (approved 3/8) batched these together.