Suppressor wait times

bpurtz

WKR
I ordered a Scythe Ti in a Trust through Capital Armory about a month ago. With everybody posting the fast approval times, I decided to roll the dice and order a second suppressor (Omega 300) through Capital as an Individual. I had to call to have them change my profile from Trust to Individual and the guy asked why I was ordering as an individual this time. I explained how I had read about many fast approvals and the guy said he wouldn't recommend my strategy. He indicated that he believed that there was some "major incompetence or something nefarious" occurring that was recently causing the fast approvals and predicted that the historical normal of 8-9 months would return. 🎲🎲
@RockAndSage & @Geewhiz - My roll of the dice worked! 🎲🎲

Ordered the Omega 300 from Capital Armory on 3/11 (Individual), Certified 3/12.

APPROVED 3/14!

My Scythe Ti (Trust) is still in jail...

bpurtz

WKR
Did you have fingerprints on file or what’d you do for that with CA?
Yes - I obtained digital fingerprints when I ordered the Scythe Ti (Trust) - Capital had everything on file so moving from the Trust to Individual was easy. I'll have to pay an additional $200 ATF tax to eventually transfer the Omega to my Trust...

slowelk

WKR
It seems the majority of these quick approvals are individual applications vs trusts. Do others agree with that seeming to be the trend, does that make any type of sense?

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
@RockAndSage & @Geewhiz - My roll of the dice worked! 🎲🎲

Ordered the Omega 300 from Capital Armory on 3/11 (Individual), Certified 3/12.

APPROVED 3/14!

My Scythe Ti (Trust) is still in jail...

When my individual can was approved. My cans on trust were approved couple days later, maybe there is hope for yours. I had 4 cans certified (trust) from 11/15/23 to 1/3/24, all approved at same time

My anti- gov paranoia says they are speeding up approvals because

1.they lied/got caught bending the truth about wait times to someone that matters and are averaging down, and

2.that they are only doing it on individual applications because the general vibe of the bureau and administration feels negatively toward the concept of trusts because they can’t background check every single person that could have access in the future due to the current law and how it’s written.

Maybe I’m wrong, but they’ve been very transparent they don’t like the concept of any firearm transfer without a background check. (UBC, private sales, gUnsHOw lOoPhOle)

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
It seems the majority of these quick approvals are individual applications vs trusts. Do others agree with that seeming to be the trend, does that make any type of sense?
Approval times for trusts seem to be getting shorter as well. I've had 2 approvals in the last few weeks that were approved in 160-164 days. Had another one on a trust approved about 10 months ago which took 267 days.

And I never tried contacting anyone prior to any approvals.

slowelk

WKR
My last trust was about five months - June 2023 certified, December 2023 approved. Faster than that would be great. These individual approvals are just enviable.

TheCougar

WKR
Well, I emailed all of the government inboxes I could find for “prompting”, and I called and talked to the ATF today to make sure everything is in order for both cans, which it is. She said trusts are currently at 193 days and individuals were at 89 days. I’m hoping to bring down that average…

Last edited:
I just got a rimfire can approved in 23 hours. 'submitted' ATF email yesterday at 10:53 AM, 'approved' email this morning at 9:19 AM. Funny tho, the centerfire can 'submitted' 4 minutes earlier still not 'approved'. Hopefully yet today, so I can go grab both at the same time

wesfromky

WKR
Correct link -
I have two at 227 and one at 185, all on trusts. I emailed NCIS last week, no response. Email nfafax yesterday and they replied saying I need to call, that they don't do updates over email. Wait times are rumored to be in the hour range for the voice line.
Called the atf today - an hour on hold to find out that I am delayed nics for the older two, and the atf hasn't submitted anything on the newer one. I had two approved in the last year, and nothing has changed, so must be something going on. So, going to go through the process to get a upin and see if that helps. I think i used to get delayed buying guns, but then got my CCW and in KY that means you can bypass the check.

Those super fast individual approvels only happed if you get a proceed from the fbi right away, so probably no use in me trying to jump on that train until I get the upin sorted out.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider

For your reading pleasure...

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider