Suprise!! Nevada 072-074 Bull Elk Tag

ryanbauman23

Lil-Rokslider
Got a great suprise today and found out I drew a Nevada early rifle bull elk tag in unit 072-074. I guess I was first alternate, which I didn’t even realize, and a tag got turn in. I got some research to do but I am so excited for this tag.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
That’s Jarbidge? Call Blaine Jackson, he knows that country inside and out. I’ve hunted mule deer with him a few times in there, great experience. Big bulls in that country

Mythewood

FNG
I drew a NR archery tag back in 2012 and have to say it was the best elk hunt I've ever xperienced! Didn't kill a bull but had big bull sightings every day and passed on a few opportunities for 300"ish bulls. Saw a lot of freakishly big 5x5's and was very tempted to take one that was about 260" that I stalked to within 15 yards while raking a tree.

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
That’s where the bull in the pic was taken in 2019. Nto super huge, but I’m a meat hunter so I was darned happy. Husband drew same tag as you this year, so we’re keeping an eye on these early snows. Some trails are super steep, even with snow shoes, so we’re hoping these early season storms will get ‘em moving a bit and we won’t have to hike in to far - we don’t use pack animals so…