Suspension System for Treestand Transport

Deerjunky

FNG
I would imagine most folks are doing backpack hunts and mostly spot and stalk but for those who do use treestands has any one experimented with using their pack suspension system to transport their stands. I use a lonewolf climber and the stock carry system is simply two approximately 1.5 inch web shoulder straps... basically it sucks the weight shifts and the platform makes for a piss poor back pad. I am in the market for a new pack, on another front, and was thinking of ordering the kifaru suspension system ahead of the rest of it to help with my treestand transport troubles. Thoughts, experience, etc.

PMcGee

WKR
I use both my kifaru frames to transport my stands. I use the grab it and a strap.
aaad920d51fbc88784eb3095b69391b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I plan on using my duplex and Nomad to haul mine but I haven't actually tried it yet. Just put the climber together last night, might try and load it up in the morning after I get off work

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used my old duplex and currently use the new hunter frame from kifaru. I also use a lone wolf climber. I attach it with a grabit and guide lid and one strap on the outside and leave my emr2 compressed underneath. The best setup I've seen is a hunter frame with a cargo panel but I have yet to get one.
0c3309ec7ae714f2713ab5bc609d7f6f.jpg

OP
D

Deerjunky

FNG
Thank you all for your responses the guide lid option looks sweet. I was planning on using some of the pockets I already have to carry my junk out with me. Do any of you bike into your stand sites and if so do you leave the stand on your back or have another method of transport

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have yet to bike in but I plan on it this year. I have messed around with it and it will ride on my back with my bow mounted to my handle bars. I was headed out in the morning and could have got you some pics but just threw my back out grrrr

I use one of those cheap $30 Stansport pack frames and strap my climber to it. Works great. Put my day pack on (backwards) buda belly style, and then the stand pack on my back. Carry bow in hand. I did bike into a spot one time this way but was quite awkward.