Swaro EL 10x50 vs Leica Noctivid 10x42

I sent a similar message to Doug @ Cameraland since he’s always been super helpful but didn’t know if any of you can personally compare 10x42 Noctivids and 10x50 EL SV’s? I fell in love with 10x50 SV’s long ago and have wanted a set since but if the 10x42 Noctivids are better, I’m seriously interested. I’m guessing the 10x42 NL are best? I really want something that’s not only clear but best in low light since I am a big western hunter where many animals are right before dark so I don’t mind carrying around a 10x50 if that’s the difference. Been a Meopta fan, but selling my 15x56’s to fund part of the purchase since I use my spotter and 10’s most. I’ll keep looking til I find a great deal or Doug is blowing out a demo or something.

j_2112

FNG
Hey there!

This post is kinda old but thought I'd mention you will never get a brighter bino that has a smaller objective lense at the same power, e.g. 10x42 vs 10x50 provided the transmission rates are similar. The 10x50 will always be brighter as long as your pupils can dialate enough to make use of the 5.0 exit pupil. Also, always keep in mind the difference between your Abbe Koenig prisms and Schmidt Pechan prisms. AK prisms will give you usually around another 3-5 %. The 2 binos you mentioned are the standard SP prisms.

A word on the NLs if you haven't bought them yet. They are good glass and have around 92% transmission, however, they are bound to physics and are not magic. They are exactly the same brightness as my Zeiss SF (same power and objective).

I just ordered a pair of 10x50 ELs and am super excited to try them out!

Best,
Jason