Swaro repair timeline 04-2023

SuperBoot

FNG
So after thanksgiving my EL Range TA’s crapped out, all electronic functionality was dead. They were within the warranty window (dop 09-2021) so I sent them in for service. Below is a timeline for people to reference since I just got these back today. Note that these times might be inflated since I guess they moved to a new software system last year and it severely slowed things down during the switch.

12-12-22: Registered binos on swaros repair portal and created a repair ticket

12-20-22: Contacted by Swaro with a FedEx 2 Day label. Boxed and shipped to them that night.

12-30-22: Email that Swaro received the binos. Guessing this was just delayed because of the holidays.

03-22-23: Had two back to back emails stating “we’ll repair your product free of charge”, and “repair complete”.

03-31-23: Update to my case file on the repair portal stating the binos were back at SONA, which I’m guessing means they had to go back to Der Vaterland to get fixed.

04-13-23: Binos shipped back to me from SONA

04-18-23: Binos back in my possession

I’m pretty bummed I had to send these in in the first place, but I will give Swaro credit. They stated budget 4-5 months for repair that had to go back to Austria, and door to door I waited 4 months and 6 days.
Also totally worth the mention that they look brand new and I paid exactly 0 dollars.
Hopefully that’s the first and only time these take a vacation back to their home country.

Hope this helps anyone currently waiting or seeking info in the future.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Ya, their turnaround time sucks. I just got a demo model of NL pures from Eurooptic. They're perfect in every way except the focusing knob is a bit more gritty feeling than I'd like. They quoted me 5 months turnaround. I'm just gonna hold on to them for now.

WMag338

WKR
Same for me with a X5 scope. It took a tumble and the top turret still fuctioned, but was crooked. Sent it to them and it was about 4-5 months before it was back in hand. Wish it was a faster turnaround time, but can't complain too much for a $0 repair that is done correctly.