Swaro SLC / Tripod Question

Mowy33

FNG
Hey guys - Quick 2 questions for everyone......

1) Is Swaro SLC W B Binocular 10x42 different than the HD's?
2) What are people using for tripod's on the SLC? It's crazy (to me) to spend 300-400 on a tripod, and then another 115 on the Swaro adapter. Would Vortex tripods / adapters work on Swaro's, or do you need the Swaro adapter for the Swaro brand Bino's?

Thanks

I think the WB were the version before the HD.
I would recommend the outdoorsman bino adapter/stud. Way better than the Swarovski adapter IMO. You can use any tripod you would like. Checkout Cameraland for some great deals.

OP
M

Mowy33

FNG
I think the WB were the version before the HD.
I would recommend the outdoorsman bino adapter/stud. Way better than the Swarovski adapter IMO. You can use any tripod you would like. Checkout Cameraland for some great deals.

Did they change anything? Do you know if the HD's are nicer / better?

Thank you for the recommendation on the adapters! Checking out cameraland.

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
The WB is what is produced right now. The HD was prior to it. Get the outdoorsman stud and tall bino adaptor and which ever tripod your like.

Q child

WKR
The Outdoorsmans stuff is very good. For sure it is expensive, but it's the best system that I've used. I recommend their stud and adapter if you have the budget. Looks like you can get those two pieces for <$100.
If instead you go with the Vortex adapter then check the threads on your binos and the threads on the adapter. If they are the same, then you are good to go. I've used the Vortex adapter in the past with kinda mixed results. It held my binos but, I always found it difficult to get it on my binos as tight as I wanted so it never felt really solid. I made a tool for it out of a toothbrush handle that was essentially a reverse flat head screw driver that helped. But it was still marginal. If that is all you can afford, then by all means. It can hold your binos. If you want to upgrade later, then you can.
As has been said, whatever tripod will work. More expensive tripods tend to be lighter or more stable or both.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
The WB's are the current model. They dropped the "HD" moniker from the name, but the glass is the same. The only difference is the latest version has rubber armor covering the entire tubes and the close focus mechanism was changed making the close focus further away than the previous model saving some production cost which they passed on to the consumer.

The Vortex mount needs to be threaded on and off each time to remove which can wear the bino threads. A $20 Leupold bino cradle works decent with about any glass and any tripod, but if you are glassing a bunch, the outdoorsman or Swaro adapter is the ticket.