Swaros 10x32 EL or 8x32 EL

I have the 8x32 and have loved them. If I can't see it through my binos I can't shoot it through my rifle scope. I also just bought some 10x32 and am interested to compare them, my guess is I'll prefer the 8x32 and the 10x will be a backup pair or a set for my wife and kids to use.

EastMT

WKR
I haven’t had a chance to look through the 32 EL, but I recently compared the new model CL 30’s side by side with the last model. The new eyepiece works exceptionally well with my glasses vs the old model. I’ve been thinking about trying some 30’s as well.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

For the slight weight difference I want the 42's. Better light gathering and larger field of view.

That’s what I read in their website and was surprised. 10x32 360 vs 10x42 330. I was surprised

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.
But the 10x50 have a slightly larger FOV than the 10x42 so it's easy to see why someone might think the 32mm would be even smaller.

PLO5

WKR
Have owned both, loved both. Sold both and regret....I have the el 10x42 now but am probably going to go back to the 10x32 for size and weight reasons as i spend most my time walking and a lot of time hiking in summer so the light gathering is worth the trade off. The el 8x32 is the clearest binocular i have ever looked through. Colors pop like crazy! i just need the extra 2x for further viewing. On the 10x32 el you will have to have the eye cups out further to eliminate the dark spots on edges so you end up losing field of view. On a tripod side by side vs the el 10x42 i am able to see a larger field of view.

Have owned both, loved both. Sold both and regret....I have the el 10x42 now but am probably going to go back to the 10x32 for size and weight reasons as i spend most my time walking and a lot of time hiking in summer so the light gathering is worth the trade off. The el 8x32 is the clearest binocular i have ever looked through. Colors pop like crazy! i just need the extra 2x for further viewing. On the 10x32 el you will have to have the eye cups out further to eliminate the dark spots on edges so you end up losing field of view. On a tripod side by side vs the el 10x42 i am able to see a larger field of view.
How many minutes do you feel you lose with the 10x32 vs the 42? What about the 8x32 vs 10x32 at last light, are they pretty similar?

PLO5

WKR
the 10x32 struggles at low light, if you want a exclusive hunting bino id do the 10x42. The 8x32 does well in low light but is only an 8 power. I feel like the 8 power keeps up to the 10 x42 in low light. Probably 15 minutes at dawn and dusk being able to see antlers on a elk at 200 yards id guess is what is lost with the 10x32

OP
Z

Zeeman

FNG
Thanks for all the great feed back. Had a pair of 10 x 32 and sold them. Think I will buy a new pair!!!!

I took my first gen 10x32 and 8x32 out last night to compare them. The 10x32 didn’t “wow” me like the 8x32 did but it still provided a nice view but the edge sharpness wasn’t quite as good as the 8x.

While the 10x did show a darker view after the sun went down, it was usable to within a minute of the 8x in observing detail. To check for details I simply set up a Pepsi cup at 40 yards and looked back and forth until I could no longer read “Pepsi”. I then continued to look through them both until I could no longer distinguish the color separation in the logo. Even though the 8x was a smidge brighter, the magnification of the 10x kept it just as usable and only gave up about 1 minute in both scenarios. I also would look up on the hillside at various trees and rocks and bad similar results.

For fun I also set up the 15x56 SLC HD and it was usable for at least another 5 minutes over the 8x. The view those big binos provide is simply stunning.

ebubedike

FNG
I have the 10x32 SVs and they work well for me - very bright, very sharp, good ergonomics. For me the 6.8 degree field is enough and I can hold them steady, and the brightness and clarity are tops. However if you don't already know if 10x works for you as opposed to 8x, perhaps you should try them both out and keep the one you like? Or at least try any 10x hands-on so you are sure the power and more restricted FOV are not a problem.

tdot

WKR
I love my 8x32el they are exceptional optics. I havent compared to 10x32, but have tried the Swaro range finder 10x binos. And I prefer the color and clarity of the 8x32. The 10x didn't make enough of a difference to justify that additional weight for me. The additional shake in the image also hurt any possible resolution gains that I would have over 10x. I've gone through a couple different sets of 10x binoculars and I think I've settled on 8x as being a better setup on my chest. If I am running a tripod, then would prefer to jump up to 12x or 15x.

tdot

WKR
I love my 8x32el they are exceptional optics. I havent compared to 10x32, but have tried the Swaro range finder 10x binos. And I prefer the color and clarity of the 8x32. The 10x didn't make enough of a difference to justify that additional weight for me. The additional shake in the image also hurt any possible resolution gains that I would have over 10x. I've gone through a couple different sets of 10x binoculars and I think I've settled on 8x as being a better setup on my chest. If I am running a tripod, then would prefer to jump up to 12

Last edited: