Swarovski 25-50 deal?

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
LOL, congrats, you just bought Gray Market goods from 6th Ave. Warranty on these is the European one. (5 years parts n labor, then 5 years parts, then nothing.

Might want to return it and contact a site sponsor for discount instead.

CorbLand

WKR
IF that is a legitimate picture of the eyepiece, neither of the two I own have that style of etching.

Someone sent me this when trying to work a deal on the eye piece I am selling. I dont think these are legit Swaro NA products.

Get it, call Swaro with the serial number and go from there.

OP
K

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I just compared the pics to those from the Swaro website, and you are correct - it does not look the same. I tried to cancel the order but it's on its way so I guess I'll see it in person. I could live with gray market, not a fake.

The eye piece pictured based off the visible serial number was manufactured in 2001. H71 = 1930 + 31= 2001. So that could be old stock that has been collecting dust someplace.

Or it begs the question, were the 25-50x eye pieces even manufactured in 2001? I am unsure. My STS 20-60x65 nonHD was manufactured in 2006. I also have an STS 65 HD manufactured in 2019 with the 20-60 and 25-50. All of my eye pieces have their serial numbers starting with V. So they could be European manufactured or simply fakes.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
The eye piece pictured based off the visible serial number was manufactured in 2001. H71 = 1930 + 31= 2001. So that could be old stock that has been collecting dust someplace.

Or it begs the question, were the 25-50x eye pieces even manufactured in 2001? I am unsure. My STS 20-60x65 nonHD was manufactured in 2006. I also have an STS 65 HD manufactured in 2019 with the 20-60 and 25-50. All of my eye pieces have their serial numbers starting with V. So they could be European manufactured or simply fakes.
I'm about 90% sure it's a fake based on the pics and the comparison to current lenses. It will be interesting one way or another, but maybe not as interesting if I can't get a refund.

OP
K

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
Just got the eyepiece and, though not yet verified, I'm sure it's genuine. There's a sticker on the box that basically says that it's grey market and "may not be eligible for manufacturer warranty." At least they're up front about that. It's raining and windy here so a real test will have to wait, but a brief look confirmed other reviews in that it is very clear but eye positioning is more difficult. Not sure yet if I'll keep it.

Also, per the serial number it was manufactured in 2023.

I bought some 8x56 SLCs late last year from 6ave. Manufactured in 2023 and had no issue registering them on Swarovski.com

Thanks for the heads up on the eye piece. That’s a good deal