Swarovski EL 34110 vs 34210

treillw

WKR
I'm hearing multiple different things about the differences between the Swarovski 10x42 EL 34110 and 34210 models (old and new versions of the same product).

Some people say the coatings and lenses are better in the new version of the binos (34210) and other people say they are exactly the same optically, but the new version has the different strap attachment points and some different accessories.

All I care about is optical quality. Can anybody confirm that the 34110 is the exact same optically as the 34210 model?

Thanks!

dotman

WKR
Yup as said in the previous thread, optics/coatings are the same. Don't believe us just ask swaro directly, they won't bs you.

AGPank

WKR
Some on the bird forum claim to see discreet differences, my guess is there eyes are helping justify the extra $

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
I was transferred to a well known Swaro rep during a technical assistance call regarding issues I was having with a couple of SV EL's I had. I asked him that very question and he said the glass is the same. I personally feel the edges are sharper on the original SV EL. But that is a non issue in real world use. Other than a bit of edge difference you have to look for to see I would say they are identical. If you can get one for a better deal than the other, go for it.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Yup as said in the previous thread, optics/coatings are the same. Don't believe us just ask swaro directly, they won't bs you.

It was the lady at Swaro that told me that the older version didn't have swarovision and the flattening lenses :( Enough to drive me nuts haha.

dotman

WKR
:eek:
It was the lady at Swaro that told me that the older version didn't have swarovision and the flattening lenses :( Enough to drive me nuts haha.

Which is two models ago (really only one as the new is just a cosmetic change), the black color within the hinge, showed in my earlier posts.

Note the differences between the two below.

Only diff from current is cosmetic change Swarovski 10x42 EL Binocular DEMO-B. I would have bought these over the field pro you can get for $2260 but I get the worry when spending this much. But they sold fast, can't wait too long when a deal comes up, if in no rush keep an eye on Natchezss.com as they have demos come up more then any other place for good deals, I've seen them as low as $1585 and when delivered they had never been removed from the box, brand new.

Old version the lady was taking about, not swarovision Swarovski 8x32 EL Binocular DEMO-B

Last edited:
OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
:eek:

Which is two models ago (really only one as the new is just a cosmetic change), the black color within the hinge, showed in my earlier posts.

Note the differences between the two below.

Only diff from current is cosmetic change Swarovski 10x42 EL Binocular DEMO-B. I would have bought these over the field pro you can get for $2260 but I get the worry when spending this much. But they sold fast, can't wait too long when a deal comes up, if in no rush keep an eye on Natchezss.com as they have demos come up more then any other place for good deals, I've seen them as low as $1585 and when delivered they had never been removed from the box, brand new.

Old version the lady was taking about, not swarovision Swarovski 8x32 EL Binocular DEMO-B

She was talking about the 34110. She first told me that they didn't have that stuff and then I questioned it and told her that I heard that they were exactly the same and then she agreed with me. :rolleyes: Just doesn't give me a lot of confidence haha. I feel a need to get confirmation from multiple sources when spending $2k on binoculars! :)

So those that you sent me on sample list disappeared so quick because I purchased them! Thanks for the heads up!

dotman

WKR
She was talking about the 34110. She first told me that they didn't have that stuff and then I questioned it and told her that I heard that they were exactly the same and then she agreed with me. :rolleyes: Just doesn't give me a lot of confidence haha. I feel a need to get confirmation from multiple sources when spending $2k on binoculars! :)

So those that you sent me on sample list disappeared so quick because I purchased them! Thanks for the heads up!

Congrats and good choice saving a few hundred!

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
This is true only if the comparison is made between the original EL and the new (both versions) of the SV EL. The key is having SV (Swarovision) in the model designation, ie, Swarovski SV EL.

Matt G.

WKR
There is a difference in fieldpro versions. They change the close focus around the 2021 year to reduce cost. But that was the only difference I know.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk