Swarovski nl pure vs maven b.2

In the market for new binos I’m wanting the NL’s but I’ve been hearing a lot of discussion about maven. Does anyone have experience with either of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
I have the b.2 11×45 love them, excellent glass,a little on the heavy side but I like the extra power over the 10x

That’s one of the main reasons I am looking into them I feel like 11 power will be the sweet spot for hunting out here in New Mexico

Forest

WKR
Maven has the better value hands down imo. Is the swaro glass better?? Yes. Will the swaros have better resale?? Definitely yes. Are the swaros worth the much bigger price tag?? Only for you to decide.
Maven has a cool demo program thatd be worth trying if you're on the fence, especially since they aren't sold in stores. The part that impressed me so much about the nl pures was fov and overall ergonomics. But for me personally there's not enough advantages to justify the cost over the mid tiers. I.e. maven, meopta, zeiss etc. They all have their attributes and all are great choices

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Love my Maven 9x45's. A friend of mine has been guiding in CO for over 20 years and can get any binocs he wants. I've seen him use Lieca, Steiner, Leupolds, Zeiss, Swaro's but his current go to is the Maven 9x45's. For me, the cost difference does not offer a payback. If I was glassing 200+ days a year maybe. I've looked thru a bunch of different binocs over the last few years, once you get to a certain price point its all in the individuals personal preference. Buy what looks best to your eyes or you can afford!!!!!

But the evil man in the back of my feeble old mind keeps saying you need swaro's and the practical man says no buy a new gun, neither of which I need ...lol.

In the market for new binos I’m wanting the NL’s but I’ve been hearing a lot of discussion about maven. Does anyone have experience with either of these?

Out of curiosity, what made you narrow it down to these 2 options?

About any optic upgrade you can make will have you happy behind a tripod picking country apart, but if you are in a position to buy binos you want to keep for years, make the right purchase so you aren’t losing money in a couple years when you decide to upgrade again.

NL are amazing, and there is nowhere to upgrade from there, but there are a lot of amazing binos in that class, and there are some awesome options that aren’t alpha

I think the best bang for your buck is the 10.5x kowa genesis that can be had at cameraland for a grand, if not now, they always pop up for that price

Maven makes a nice bino too, and I’m sure you would be very happy with them too.

My best advice is don’t settle on binos, I have wasted so much money in the optic upgrade process… better off just getting what you will be happy with now, saving money now will cost you more in the future

Not trying to steer you from maven, just be sure you will be happy with them and will be content using them a few years

OP
J
Out of curiosity, what made you narrow it down to these 2 options?

About any optic upgrade you can make will have you happy behind a tripod picking country apart, but if you are in a position to buy binos you want to keep for years, make the right purchase so you aren’t losing money in a couple years when you decide to upgrade again.

NL are amazing, and there is nowhere to upgrade from there, but there are a lot of amazing binos in that class, and there are some awesome options that aren’t alpha

I think the best bang for your buck is the 10.5x kowa genesis that can be had at cameraland for a grand, if not now, they always pop up for that price

Maven makes a nice bino too, and I’m sure you would be very happy with them too.

My best advice is don’t settle on binos, I have wasted so much money in the optic upgrade process… better off just getting what you will be happy with now, saving money now will cost you more in the future

Not trying to steer you from maven, just be sure you will be happy with them and will be content using them a few years

I narrowed it down to these because 1. The NL’s are amazing and seem to be the best as of know 2. The mavens are available in a 11 power and are half the price and from what I hear they are not bad. I have used the NL’s and they are amazing they are what I will most likely get. I just wanted to hear some info on the mavens and what people thought of them. Even zeiss is amazing but i did not like the look of them.

I had the 11x mavens for 3 years maybe and loved them. Got NL 12x last month though and they are better in every way. But by hairs. I feel like deer definatly pop a little more woth the NL’s and the edge to edge is noticble. But the mavens are not far behind. I have zero regrets buying the swaros and am glad i did. But if i didnt have the need the best of the best complex id be thrilled to have my mavens still.

elkguide

WKR
I am a Swaro fanboy!

I have both the 10X42 SLCs and ELs and multiple rifle scopes. My spotter is the Maven S1a. The Swarovski glass and their customer service are the best to me. At the same time the Maven spotter works really well for me and the Maven personnel are incredible to work with. I also bought the Maven range finder last fall and it is incredible.

If I were starting over again, I would go with the Swarovski binoculars without question.

WKR
The question is pretty simple. Is the 5% improvement in performance (or whatever small % it actually is) worth the 100% increase in price.

For me, no, it's definitely not worth it.

I'm a "limiting factor" evaluator. Are my Maven binoculars a limiting factor in my ability to be successful? I honestly don't think they are, and that's good enough for me. My main limiter is time and knowledge/experience, and binoculars won't fix that.

For many here, gear is it's own hobby, only tangentially related to actual hunting, so filter advice accordingly.

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
We ran NL 12s and NL 8x32 this season w tripods and Outdoorsmans pistol. Everyone talks about field of view which is amazing but the depth of view is even more amazing. With our other glass we are in and out on the focus, with the NLs you just scan the hill and the elk pop out. W tripod go 12s wo the 8s are light compact and my wife finds the elk just as fast. They are worth the money.

OP
J
We ran NL 12s and NL 8x32 this season w tripods and Outdoorsmans pistol. Everyone talks about field of view which is amazing but the depth of view is even more amazing. With our other glass we are in and out on the focus, with the NLs you just scan the hill and the elk pop out. W tripod go 12s wo the 8s are light compact and my wife finds the elk just as fast. They are worth the money.

Awesome thanks for the answer I am going to run 10’s

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
The question is pretty simple. Is the 5% improvement in performance (or whatever small % it actually is) worth the 100% increase in price.

For me, no, it's definitely not worth it.

I'm a "limiting factor" evaluator. Are my Maven binoculars a limiting factor in my ability to be successful? I honestly don't think they are, and that's good enough for me. My main limiter is time and knowledge/experience, and binoculars won't fix that.

For many here, gear is it's own hobby, only tangentially related to actual hunting, so filter advice accordingly.
Last year I would have typed the exact same thing except instead of Mavens I would have said compared to my Trinovids. This season I ran 12NL and wife ran 8x32NL. The new glass made my Trinovids look horrible. The depth of view and field of view were game changers. I spent plenty of time back to back on tripod comparing to my Trinovids in the mountains and it is not a 5% improvement, they are not even in the same class. I have zero experience with mavens so I cannot speak to the difference compared to them, but my guess is it will be equally dramatic.

Hunting is my passion and I hunted and killed plenty of animals back east as a kid without any glass. Last year we filled the freezer with elk, this year we filled it with elk but this year we saw tons of elk everyday and it was a joy to view them in the glass.

It doesn’t take alpha glass to fill the freezer, but it sure does help and it is a lot more fun.

OP
J
Last year I would have typed the exact same thing except instead of Mavens I would have said compared to my Trinovids. This season I ran 12NL and wife ran 8x32NL. The new glass made my Trinovids look horrible. The depth of view and field of view were game changers. I spent plenty of time back to back on tripod comparing to my Trinovids in the mountains and it is not a 5% improvement, they are not even in the same class. I have zero experience with mavens so I cannot speak to the difference compared to them, but my guess is it will be equally dramatic.

Hunting is my passion and I hunted and killed plenty of animals back east as a kid without any glass. Last year we filled the freezer with elk, this year we filled it with elk but this year we saw tons of elk everyday and it was a joy to view them in the glass.

It doesn’t take alpha glass to fill the freezer, but it sure does help and it is a lot more fun.

Awesome Thankyou

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
Maven has the better value hands down imo. Is the swaro glass better?? Yes. Will the swaros have better resale?? Definitely yes. Are the swaros worth the much bigger price tag?? Only for you to decide.
Maven has a cool demo program thatd be worth trying if you're on the fence, especially since they aren't sold in stores. The part that impressed me so much about the nl pures was fov and overall ergonomics. But for me personally there's not enough advantages to justify the cost over the mid tiers. I.e. maven, meopta, zeiss etc. They all have their attributes and all are great choices

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I guess im confused with where the "better value" is, then? Cheaper doesn't equate better value. 100% agree that only the user can define what price he's willing to pay to make it worth his while. But if you buy NL's and have them for the rest of your life, pretty good investment. Same could be said for any other manufacturer for sure. Back to OP, you cant put these two in the same class of comparison, NL will be head and shoulders above.