SWFA throw lever

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
So I got my first SWFA 3-9 a few weeks ago

So while playing around and shooting with it, the power adjustment seems a little stiffer than I'm used to on other scopes I have.

At the 5x line there's a small hole with a screw in it. Is that something I could take out and put a screw in throw lever in? Or should I leave that screw alone?

Otherwise I'm really liking the scope

Rob5589

WKR
I pulled the screw out of mine to check. It's a short pin with a few small threads on the head end. Not sure if it would accept something else and or be sturdy enough. You could do one of these,

OP
Trevor96

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
I thought about one of those, but the rail I've got to mount my thermal scope comes right underneath the adjustment ring, and I'm not sure if I have the clearance for anything in-between

fwafwow

WKR
I thought about one of those, but the rail I've got to mount my thermal scope comes right underneath the adjustment ring, and I'm not sure if I have the clearance for anything in-between
I have just realized the same tightness on my 3-9. What did you decide to do?

OP
Trevor96

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't been shooting much this summer so I didn't do anything with it yet. It's still tight

fwafwow

WKR
I haven't been shooting much this summer so I didn't do anything with it yet. It's still tight
Got it - and same for me on not shooting. I figure when the RS Special comes in cut to 16" I will mount one of the SWFAs and see how the throw lever might fit (or not). I may also get another set of Aadmount covers, and they also make a throw lever.

Antares

WKR
I have one of the MK Machining levers on the focus ring of my 10x that I use for NRL22 matches. Works fine.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
You end up replacing the screw? My 3-15 has this little nub. I wish it were about 3/8 longer. Been thinking Bout making one.

Attachments

• 20230925_182944.jpg
    20230925_182944.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 33
OP
Trevor96

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
No I didn't, if the 3-9 had a nub like that I'd be tickled

fwafwow

WKR
Any updates? I have finally mounted the 3-9, so I think I now need a throw lever. I looked up the MK Machining and it got a negative review on Amazon. It’s just one comment, but it makes me lean towards the Aadland - but it’s a bit pricier, and large. (The real concern is that if I order anything from there again, I will end up buying more scope covers, then maybe a throw lever for my 3-15, etc.)

JohnB

WKR
I bought the cheapest option from MK machining and haven't been happy with it. There is a small ledge to hang onto the edge of the magnification ring but the way I have my diopter set up there isn't enough room for that so the levers from MK machining don't work. I modified mine with a dremel to remove the ledge and it mostly works but occasionally will slide out of place. I'd way prefer an option like the 3-15 above. That looks 100% superior.

Sadler

WKR
I know this is an old thread but has anybody tried these?

fwafwow

WKR
I know this is an old thread but has anybody tried these?

Yes, I got mine recently. I haven't had it long enough to use it much in the field or at the range, but it seems to work perfectly.IMG_1276.jpegIMG_1277.jpeg