Swimming

Man was I humbled today. I used to be WSQ in the Marines. Any of you swim much and/or notice it's effect on hitting the hills?

gmajor

WKR
Oh man yes. I've never been in better shape then when I was doing hard pool workouts. They're brutal though. Probably the single most effective exercise regimen for me personally.

i don't know about the hills cause it is nothing flat around here but swimming is the best.
spear fishing is underwater bowhunting!

Funny, just got back from the lake. I had my wife drop me way back from the ramp in a no wake area and she fished her way back while swam. 30 min total. Great workout. Just swim, you won't need a plan until you plateau so just swim 30 min no stopping and you will be good for a while

Stid2677

WKR
Adding a waterproof ipod shuffle and earplugs really made my pool time more enjoyable.

Ben Nicholson

Lil-Rokslider
Being a flatlander who spends a decent amount of time each year in the mountains, I think swimming has helped me more than anything else when it comes to dealing with altitude. I can typically keep up with locals whether its chasing elk or splitboarding in the back country.

As for a plan, I use "Swim Workouts in a Binder".
-Ben

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I swim several times a week. I don't use a plan either. I swim between 30-45 minutes non stop and it is a great workout without any impact to your body. I don't know how it translates into the mountains as this is the first year I have swam this much. I know it won't hurt though as any exercise is beneficial.