Switching up practice routines

I shoot groups in the backyard just like everyone else. But I like to switch it up sometimes too. The last few weeks I've been setting up 3 different targets in the backyard and just shooting one arrow at a time at different targets from different angles, distances, etc. I can only shoot about 25 yards or so but I still feel like it helps me. What are some things you guys do to break the monotony of just shooting groups in the off season, that you feel like helps you in hunting situations? I'm looking for new practice ideas for the summer.

Rob5589

WKR
I prefer shooting one spot/one arrow to shooting groups. When I shoot groups I find myself preoccupied with the group vs the shot.

I now also include blind bailing and draw holds. 10 blind, 10 holds, then targets.

I picked up an inexpensive 3d buck yesterday. Going out today to shoot it. Figured it would give me some better reference for my gaps vs a big square target with marks on it.

oldgoat

WKR
I don't shoot groups just to shoot groups very often, pretty much when I do I'm tuning or checking my tune! I belong to a 3d club that has a full course set up year round and try to constantly change my shooting distance.

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
For archery and rifles I like to do dot drills one shot per dot to focus’s on the spot not the group. But I think the best practice is stumping or 3d course.

PHo

WKR
As someone has mentioned stump shooting is an excellent way to practice. I do it with no rangefinder and I feel it really gives me a better feel for what would happen in a real-life hunting situation.

Kdf22

Lil-Rokslider
I do mostly stump shooting while scouting and checking out new areas. Shoot leaves, stumps and a lot of uphill/downhill shots. Never gets old

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
I have numerous blocks and 3D targets set up in different spots. My 4 year old son picks a spot for me to shoot from and which target to shoot at. It’s more fun outside but during the winter it still works in my basement but range is limited to 13 yards or so. Quality time together and he shoots his bow between my strings.

Wrench

WKR
I do mostly stump shooting while scouting and checking out new areas. Shoot leaves, stumps and a lot of uphill/downhill shots. Never gets old
I fire at least 10 stump shots every day when I am hunting. Keeps me in tune and sometimes shows how something trivial like a out of position zipper could affect a shot.

mgmicky

FNG
I don’t think there’s a better way to practice for hunting than random stump shooting. it’s worth breaking and losing some arrrows to me…

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What is stump shooting? Is it literally shooting at stumps? I’ve done that and lost field points/inserts and broken arrows.

Kdf22

Lil-Rokslider
What is stump shooting? Is it literally shooting at stumps? I’ve done that and lost field points/inserts and broken arrows.
Stumps and leaves, branches. Whatever gets your attention. The stumps have to be old dead wood otherwise you will break arrows. Judo points work the best and most traditional archers carry one or two in their quiver.