T3x vs xbolt

BCD

WKR
I've been shopping for an elk rifle in 7Mag or 300Win and these two were on the top of my list when I started. I handled the Tikka and just didn't like it nearly as much and have been told by several people that the felt recoil of the Tikka would be much more than the X-Bolt (obviously subjective). I also did not like that you can't cycle the bolt on the Tikka unless the safety is off. I'm leaning towards an X-Bolt Western Hunter with muzzle brake or a Bergara B14. I ruled the Tikka out.

Another thing when it comes to the magnums is twist rate - the tikkas leave something to be desired.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Another thing when it comes to the magnums is twist rate - the tikkas leave something to be desired.

I thought that too. Then a wise man suggested I give it a whirl anyway. What do ya know I worked up a very accurate load with 212 eldx at just over 2900 fps in my brothers 24” barrel 1:11 twist 300 wsm. Ya never know unless ya try. ;)

I've been shopping for an elk rifle in 7Mag or 300Win and these two were on the top of my list when I started. I handled the Tikka and just didn't like it nearly as much and have been told by several people that the felt recoil of the Tikka would be much more than the X-Bolt (obviously subjective). I also did not like that you can't cycle the bolt on the Tikka unless the safety is off. I'm leaning towards an X-Bolt Western Hunter with muzzle brake or a Bergara B14. I ruled the Tikka out.

I’m in the exact same boat. Going to buy either a .300 Win Mag or 7mm Rem Mag in the next 3 months. Bought an X-Bolt Pro in 6.5CM and really like it. Was seriously considering another X-Bolt Pro, but for some reason I’m leaning toward the Tikka T3x and tossing the factory stock for a Manners. Think I’d be right at the same basic “cost” as a new X-Bolt Pro.

I went with the Pro Carbon Stock because I HATE the rubberized DuraTouch crap Browning is putting on their stocks. Had it on two Browning shotguns and it turned sticky/gummy after 3-4 years. Did not get any chemicals or bug spray on it either. Not sure why they are still doing the DuraTouch, but for me it’s a showstopper.

Pfeiffer97

Lil-Rokslider
You might want to check out a christensen arms mesa. I looked at Browning and tikka and I like my mesa far better!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk