Tag soup

Finished my first year of elk hunting in Colorado, as title implies unsuccessful. Learned so much though and well worth the hard work. Saw lots of animals just not elk. Ran into some beautiful moose up close. Also saw lots of mule deer and grouse. I know what I’ll be doing differently next year for sure. I now have a preference point in elk, mule deer, and pronghorn.

IMG_8484.jpegIMG_8482.jpegIMG_8481.jpegIMG_8463.jpegIMG_8508.jpeg

11boo

WKR
Archery season was different this year. Seemed like the usual amount of fresh sign, but elk were bedded all day and quiet 24/7. Ate a lot of grouse and fish at least.
3rd season cow tag for me right around the corner.

OP
SilentPursuit
Archery season was different this year. Seemed like the usual amount of fresh sign, but elk were bedded all day and quiet 24/7. Ate a lot of grouse and fish at least.
3rd season cow tag for me right around the corner.
Interesting seems like bow season would have been the time to be in there this year. I really need to get a new bow and get out.

11boo

WKR
Interesting seems like bow season would have been the time to be in there this year. I really need to get a new bow and get out.
It was off for us. Multiple drainages were hunted. We always hear bugles at night, none this year. It was really warm here too. Lots of fresh sign, only saw one elk taken over here.