Tailor King of The Mountain Jacket?

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought an old KOM jacket off Ebay. Other than being slightly bulky in the chest (and potentially taking in size of the arms) I love it. Has anyone ever had a jacket (not necessarily wool, but hunting type jacket) tailored? Is this type of thing too difficult for a tailor to mess with? Other than having zippers fixed and new hems put on the legs of a couple pairs of pants, I've never asked a tailor to do something like this. Pretty ignorant to their capabilities. What do y'all think?

Yes, I have done a few KOM mods at a tailor. Converted raglan sleeves on a jacket to button cuff. Have had collars removed. Added a muff pocket to a pullover. The tailor I used is retired now but a good old school tailor shouldn't shy away from it.

OP
J

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes, I have done a few KOM mods at a tailor. Converted raglan sleeves on a jacket to button cuff. Have had collars removed. Added a muff pocket to a pullover. The tailor I used is retired now but a good old school tailor shouldn't shy away from it.
Solid, thanks. I'm headed to a good local one tmrw am. I'll report back on what they say. Hoping I can get 2-3 inches out of the chest

mjh

FNG
I haven't had any heavy wool coats tailored beyond zippers and cuffs. I've had a few other items tailored over the years. Good work costs a few bucks, but if you get what you want out of it, you have the item for along time, it's worth it to me.