Taking a youth hunting

My 12 year old Daughter is a hunting guru. She started watching hunts out west and is very interested in trying for antelope and mule deer. She has 7 whitetail kills here in Michigan with a couple of biggies. I’ve only hunted Elk in Montana once so I’m new to this. I’m not quite sure where to start with her but Ive got to start somewhere. She is very athletic so hiking is not an issue but I’m sure heavy terrain would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
Antelope will be a hard draw in Wyoming without some PPs but mule deer hunt could be had for 0-1 PP.

pgarcia

FNG
That’s awesome that your daughter is interested in hunting. If I could do things over I would start out with some really easy hunts. I’m in Texas so deer blinds and heaters then just have a good time together. My2 cents

OP
DanAntoszewski
That’s awesome that your daughter is interested in hunting. If I could do things over I would start out with some really easy hunts. I’m in Texas so deer blinds and heaters then just have a good time together. My2 cents

That’s what we do now in Michigan. She wants to push herself and try for a different species. We are going to start getting her some points but just really unsure where to go.
4e530703e52acd072a160392df7ce700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tmac

WKR
For Antelope, if I was in Michigan, I’d look at MT, WY and maybe CO & SD. Try to find areas not hammered by last winter. NM can be a good option if going guided. Probably look to the same states for MD too. Lots of traditional areas were devastated last winter, so a few calls to biologists would be a good idea.

gtriple

WKR
I drew a Wyoming antelope tag with 0 points last year. Got a nice (IMO) buck on opening day. I wasn't picky because it was my first antelope hunt and we had an elk hunt starting in a couple of days. I'd be surprised if she couldn't draw an antelope tag in the first couple seasons.

For mule deer - there should be lots of good youth opportunities. I bought a landowner tag in a great unit in Colorado a few years ago for my fiancée and she killed the 175" deer in my profile.