Talk Me Out Of Micro Diameter Arrows

Zac

WKR
Why wouldn't they recover as fast as larger diameter arrows? A .300 spine arrow is .300 spine, regardless of diameter. Given the same fletching size, weight, and FOC, if the larger profile of the larger diameter arrow causes it to recover faster, then the larger diameter arrow would be burning more energy to recover. I'm interested to know more about this.
It has to do with the thickness of the shaft wall. Whenever you decrease the diameter, you are thickening the wall. A thicker wall is always going to take more time to stailize. All that enegy has to dissipate trough every wrapped layer of carbon. Dorge has a a seminar about this on youtube. Really if you wan't to know about this subject you should call Dorge at Firenock. The guy loves to talk arrows.

Reactions: JDZ

three5x5s

WKR
Wonder how the Easton A/C Injexion and the A/C Pro Comp would effect that, less carbon w/ the aluminum core? I have been shooting the ACCs 3-28s (deer) & 3-18s (3D) for years and love them. Its good to have so many options, Thanks

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Gotta get out of 2016 Robby. Those are just small diameter, not micros.

@@

Micros have a .166 I'd and require different components.

Oh that’s funny. We were calling them micros back in 2016. Didn’t know there was a difference. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rootacres

WKR
The carbon injexions for me have been the most durable hunting arrow I have ever used. Had it not been for me bumping to 80lbs and pushing the spine on my 330s I would still be running them. I have taken elk, whitetail, and coyotes and the performance has been great. There for a little while it looked like deep 6 was going to be phased out, now it looks like the options are growing. But something to keep in mind is not all Broadhead companies have a deep 6 option. There are plenty of options out there but just not as many with deep 6. I would suggest taking a look at the Iron Will Snyder Core System using hot melt. I think its genius. If I was building up a dozen arrows to go chase elk with Id probably build on that system. Instead I ordered some of the ethics archery outsert/collar products.

Gold tip has an FOC calculator on their website. That thing is awesome to really dial in your setup. You don't need to be running gold tip arrows to use it. Though the Kinetic Pierce Platinums is what I just ordered to replace my Injexions. The GPI for a 250 spine landed where I needed them to.

OP
C
Well I took the plunge on a dozen X Impacts. Will know in a few weeks' time if I made a mistake or not. Worst case scenario, I'm back to figuring out a hunting arrow set up and I just made a donation to my local archery shop.

The decision for me was less about the diameter and more about making my target arrow weight. A similar Rampage build was getting up there in weight and would have been below 270 FPS easily. I know speed isn't everything, but my thinking is a slightly faster arrow might help me out in situations where I think the animal just stepped parallel to me, but in reality it took a step away from me.

The time for analysis, seconding guessing, and messing around with calculators is over. Since the weather is improving, it's time to hit the 3-D range and see how these fly.

Zac

WKR
Well I took the plunge on a dozen X Impacts. Will know in a few weeks' time if I made a mistake or not. Worst case scenario, I'm back to figuring out a hunting arrow set up and I just made a donation to my local archery shop.

The decision for me was less about the diameter and more about making my target arrow weight. A similar Rampage build was getting up there in weight and would have been below 270 FPS easily. I know speed isn't everything, but my thinking is a slightly faster arrow might help me out in situations where I think the animal just stepped parallel to me, but in reality it took a step away from me.

The time for analysis, seconding guessing, and messing around with calculators is over. Since the weather is improving, it's time to hit the 3-D range and see how these fly.
I don't think that's a wrong decision. Alot of people shoot that shaft, and BE is a top quality product. I think that system is just fine if you choose the right components. The front end is going to be critical. As stated before if you want to do it right you need to invest in Valkyrie or the Snyder Core system. You would probably be very happy with either of those.