talley rings on ruger american

with a 1 inch 40mm scope.. mounting on my sons ruger american 243 compact. What talley height would you go? anyone have pics?

will extra low work?

low?

thanks

axeforce6

WKR
I don’t believe I’d go extra low. I’d go medium myself. Not sure of his age but I believe he’s good cheek weld at that height. To low his head may be titled to much and be uncomfortable and not as repeatable.

MHWASH

WKR
how much space between the scope and barrel? you think extra lows will work to?
They should be perfect. I've raised two sons and lows have always worked best for smaller people. If I can use low I would think that would be good for smaller people too. I cannot find the original packaging, but the bottom of the rings both say 16L. I no longer need these, so if you're interested, I'd sell them to you for $30 shipped.

68Plexi

WKR
They should be perfect. I've raised two sons and lows have always worked best for smaller people. If I can use low I would think that would be good for smaller people too. I cannot find the original packaging, but the bottom of the rings both say 16L. I no longer need these, so if you're interested, I'd sell them to you for $30 shipped.

Following - I have the same question about low Talleys not extra lows. Setting up my 12 yr old son with his first rifle (Ruger American Compact 243). He’s on the smaller side, 4’9”.

I’d be interested in those rings MHWASH if fadetoblack188 isn’t.