Tamale Recipe Needed

Catchfish

WKR
Used to have a lady in Az make us goose tamales. Now I’m really wanting to give it a shot with some moose meat. Does anybody have a recipe that they love.

PNWGATOR

WKR
The above recipe is fantastic.

That said, you can cheat and simply make the masa and then for fillings use green enchapada sauce and roasted chicken from Costco or red enchalada sauce and pulled pork or beef or make a green chili, corn and cheese vegetable filling.

I use an electric Turkey toaster and aluminum tins for steaming. IMG_6164.jpeg

Last edited:

PNWGATOR

WKR
We used to have an annual tamale making gathering with friends and family and send enough pork/beef/chicken and veggies home with each family for a year.

@Ryan Avery has eaten one or two and his son didn’t like tamales until he did. 😎

Agross

WKR
If you made a big batch of these, how well would it work to freeze some and re-heat later?
I don’t make them, but I buy alot of em (dozens at a time) from a place we found and a coworker , and we freeze em. Not the same as fresh but definitely still great.

When you go to heat them up in the microwave, put a damp paper towel over them. They’ll come out more moist (not dried out) that way.