Tanya's bear

GotDraw?

WKR
I had a buddy that nicked a femoral artery once. Almost went very badly very quickly. Thankfully the ER was close by,

In the woods, he'd have been dead.

JL

@Tanya Avery shot this great bear a few days ago with a 6CM and 105 Bergers. She made a perfect 60-yard shot and killed the barrel too.
c055bfc3fae7bf48bec2e6384d10d0c4.jpg

59e98519cf61e1a390d76ea6b1349ed6.jpg

eab2620c90f2a16b091caf2f739b67c9.jpg

fcf3a747e2329aa8019a3e7dddcf1ba7.jpg

While skinning it out I stuck the Tyto about two+ inches into my legs... a couple of stitches later all is well. Be careful out there.
fa3d50cd9dfa3ff9532ebddddd57583b.jpg
Beautiful bear Tanya!
Ryan, thank you for reminding me that the tourniquet in my pack is not "excess" weight. Seriously. I was evaluating weight saving after a pack in trip last week & thought "Do I really need an extensive IFAK?" Yeah, I do.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful bear Tanya!
Ryan, thank you for reminding me that the tourniquet in my pack is not "excess" weight. Seriously. I was evaluating weight saving after a pack in trip last week & thought "Do I really need an extensive IFAK?" Yeah, I do.

For sure. We didn’t have anything that we could use for compression without getting extreme (ie shoelaces or a belt) which we didn’t really need, but an ace bandage will be added to my first aid kit before my next trip out! It can serve many purposes and it doesn’t add much weight. Like many people we have a very minimal kit we carry with us and have a big kit in the truck. Well, usually the truck is miles from the animal so we definitely need to take our first aid kits from ‘micro’ to maybe ‘small’!

Can you get trich from a cut with a dirty blade? I'm assuming so but genuinely curious. I carry gloves but that won't help if you cut yourself with blood everywhere.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Can you get trich from a cut with a dirty blade? I'm assuming so but genuinely curious. I carry gloves but that won't help if you cut yourself with blood everywhere.

According to the two physicians we talked to ,and I may be non saying this exactly right, Trich needs the mucosal lining in your stomach to lay eggs so you can only get Trich through eating the meat. That was one of our concerns too. If anyone else has heard/knows differently, speak up!