TBAC Ultra 7 or Scythe Ti?

Tahoe1305

WKR
Where are you seeing that the Scythe is quieter than the TBAC Ultra 7 (Gen 1 or Gen 2?)? Can’t find anything online with hard data.
I haven’t seen hard data. A few folks have compared omegas and Nomad tis on here though and say the scythe is quieter.

When you look at objective data that compare the ultra7 to those cans is where myself and others are jumping to the conclusion that the scythe will be at least as quiet (likely a tad quieter).

I haven’t seen hard data. A few folks have compared omegas and Nomad tis on here though and say the scythe is quieter.

When you look at objective data that compare the ultra7 to those cans is where myself and others are jumping to the conclusion that the scythe will be at least as quiet (likely a tad quieter).
Good to know. I guess I just keep seeing people say it’s quieter but it would be good to see some actual data is shown.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Do they do trusts too? The wife hunts as well
I would imagine so but you’d have to ask them. I’ve never used them but the next time I buy a silencer it will be through them.

There are no dealers out in the sticks where I live so I always use silencer central since they can ship to a house/po box. Now that Capitol armory can do that, I’ll use them. I’m waiting for the TBAC takedown 22 to be I stock.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Good to know. I guess I just keep seeing people say it’s quieter but it would be good to see some actual data is shown.
Both of them are awesome and it dosent seem like you can really go wrong. I got the ultra 7 based on the companies reputation, they seem like the standard so I wanted one. I can’t tell a difference in sound between it and my other silencers but that’s just my ears, I don’t have a machine to actually measure decibels.

I got the scythe because I wanted another silencer and TBAC stuff seems to be pretty back ordered. People were saying the scythe was nice so I went with it. I don’t care all that much about the weight but I am excited to have a slightly more compact package for hunting. I ordered the flat end cap too so I plan on just using that and not bothering with the brake.

In all honesty, I dont really think about the silencers that much, right now I have 4 rifles with silencers on them, I don’t swap them around or anything, if I’m taking the rifle I just take whatever silencer is already on it. The scythe will be no different, it will get used when the gun it’s on goes out.

Even my crappy banish 30 gets things quiet enough that it is much better than shooting without a can on.

You can’t go wrong with a scythe or a TBAC. Decide which one you want and send it. You’ll be happy either way. If the focus is on weight then the scythe wins by a few ounces.

Will capital armory do the paperwork and all that as well. The silencer shop horror stories have me not wanting to use them

You'll just need to find a way to get them fingerprints. They can send out a kit to do it yourself at home or there are digital fingerprinting services available now as well. I had a great experience with them. Was still a little under a month from clearing ATF form 4 to delivery at my house. For non-residents of tx they need to do another 4473 form and notify your local chief law enforcement professional before they can ship. My cans cleared 1/26 and were delivered 2/22.

You'll just need to find a way to get them fingerprints. They can send out a kit to do it yourself at home or there are digital fingerprinting services available now as well. I had a great experience with them. Was still a little under a month from clearing ATF form 4 to delivery at my house. For non-residents of tx they need to do another 4473 form and notify your local chief law enforcement professional before they can ship. My cans cleared 1/26 and were delivered 2/22.
Thank you for the information. I looked around their website and seen they do trusts, great, and also what you mentioned about the finger prints. I have a place local that I went to when I got my carry permit and they can do fingerprints, so that may be a good option. I figure once I’m ready I’ll call them and see how to proceed.

I have a tbac gen 2 7 inch it’s ok don’t like it as much as my silencerCo harvester.

The tbac is lighter but doesn’t tame the recoil or the noise as well as the SC. But they are different cans 7 for the tbac 9 for the SC.

The tbac is lighter by 3 ozs.

The sc has had some baffle strikes which they have taken care of for me free of charge.

I’ve had great customer service experience from silencerCo.

Tbac has been more stout and have had no problems.

If I was to buy another suppressor it would be that Scythe.

skierjt

FNG
I'm late to this thread but just bought a Scythe.

I have 2 gen 1 ultra 7's, one in 6.5 and one in 30 cal.. and compared to lots of other cans out there they preform pretty poorly as far as suppression. They're great as far as a compact, lightweight and repeatable can, but definitely not the quietest. I'm curious to see how the Scythe stacks up.

I've also never dealt with tbac's customer service (I'm sure they're great), but I had some issues with my old saker 762 flying off their original trifecta mount like a grenade launcher and they handled that extremely well so I wouldn't hesitate buying another silencerco can.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I shot mine today on a short 7wsm and it was hearing safe. Still loud but for hunting perfect given length and weight. Don’t think anything will touch it in the near term sub 6”.

Have had the scythe for a couple months now and still haven’t compared apples to apples with the g1 u7 but not sure I care enough to do it. They both suppress well enough for me. I’ve had both the DT hub adapter and anchor brake loosen up a bit on the scythe. I’m sure it’s possible to crank things down enough to avoid that from happening but it’s one thing that I don’t have happen with the cb configured u7. The 419 adapter system is another story, im not a fan. If doing over I’d get DT or just pay for all tbac adapters and might still do so.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Have had the scythe for a couple months now and still haven’t compared apples to apples with the g1 u7 but not sure I care enough to do it. They not suppress well enough for me. I’ve had both the DT hub adapter and anchor brake loosen up a bit on the scythe. I’m sure it’s possible to crank things down enough to avoid that from happening but it’s one thing that I don’t have happen with the cb configured u7. The 419 adapter system is another story, im not a fan. If doing over I’d get DT or just pay for all tbac adapters and might still do so.
Interesting, When my scythe shows up, I'll probably roksett the DT adapter in it since I'll never use it any other way. As for the anchor brake, I got the hansohn brothers flat end cap adapter so I'll just use that, who knows if it will loosen up or not.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Have had the scythe for a couple months now and still haven’t compared apples to apples with the g1 u7 but not sure I care enough to do it. They both suppress well enough for me. I’ve had both the DT hub adapter and anchor brake loosen up a bit on the scythe. I’m sure it’s possible to crank things down enough to avoid that from happening but it’s one thing that I don’t have happen with the cb configured u7. The 419 adapter system is another story, im not a fan. If doing over I’d get DT or just pay for all tbac adapters and might still do so.
Thanks for this feedback