Tent liner or not

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you using tipi tent w stove for late season hunts, do you use a liner or not? Mine came w half liner but not sure if I want to install it or drop that little extra weight. Thanks in advance!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would use a liner every time. I had to use a bivy to protect my bag a couple times when there was no liner.

It’s warmer with a liner than without. You lose a bit of space, and add a touch of weight, but given the option, if planning on snow or really cold weather, I’d use a liner every time.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
When i baught a floorless shelter this spring i did not buy the inner. I slept in it in the yard and it was ok. Something told me to just get the inner though. I spent 4 days in it last week. It rained for 72 hours when i was there and to camp where i preferred it was impossible to find a flat spot yet not allow any ground water to run underneath. I was glad i had it! My stuff stayed dry, and i came back each night with confidence it was. Yes, i know its possible to find areas to camp this may not be an issue but its one less thing to worry about and now i always have the option if the forecast shows only dry weather. I kinda rambled here but hope some of it helps

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk