tent waterproofing mix?

*zap*

WKR
I did this maybe 12 years ago and need to do it again. I used mineral spirits and clear silicone from a caulk tube and then mixed it with a few cut cable ties on a dowel. Just forgot the mix ratio?
I will use ounces to measure, thanks.

dtrkyman

WKR
Saw a guy on youtube make a mix to water proof old sheets, maybe search the tube.

Hear it works well for old boots too.

Mike 338

WKR
No ratio. Just mix to desired consistency. Assuming it's a seam seal thing, I mix like runny peanut butter and apply with one of those hobby paint brushes you get at the dollar store. It's not a thing of beauty but it'll work.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I've always done 50:50, and if it's too thick or thin added one or the other. The mineral spirits is essentially a milder form of paint thinner, it evaporates out as it cures. Clear GE silicone caulk is what I use unless it's on a stove jack, then it's high temperature caulk and THAT is an outside only project, as those fumes are nasty, and smearing that on fiberglass is a lot of surface area, fumes can jack you up...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Thanks, everyone. I have 4 old freestanding tents that need the bathtub floors re=done. They have been wetting out in the heavy rains. May coat a few of the fly's also.