Tethrd tree saddle vs tree stand

Read1t48

WKR
Bump....

Any updated feedback from the saddle hunters?
I live out west and think this could be a good fit for elk and deer hunting when the conditions and terrain is right. I can stay mobile and do slow play scenarios from the seclusion of a tree. I think it can increase success whe hunting predators, too - specifically calling for bear and cougar.
Thoughts?

I love my saddle setup been hunting out of them for 3 years now . I use a new tribe kestrel and love it ,I have two of them fully rigged out I like them so much. I use spikes and climbing sticks both ,depends on whether it's private or public my total system is anywhere from 12 to 15 lbs. I was worried starting off about comfort, cause I have a bad back and messed up leg(rebuilt knee and ankle fusion) but I like it way better then a stand . If anyone has any questions just hit me up I would be glade to answer any questions and give you some tips to the best of my ability.god bless

OP
William Hanson (live2hunt)

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bump....

Any updated feedback from the saddle hunters?
I live out west and think this could be a good fit for elk and deer hunting when the conditions and terrain is right. I can stay mobile and do slow play scenarios from the seclusion of a tree. I think it can increase success whe hunting predators, too - specifically calling for bear and cougar.
Thoughts?
Works great for whitetail. Very versatile. I am still up in the air on whether I'll make it west this year, but a buddy wants to check out my setup so I'm going to send it to him for archery elk season I think.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I used an Aerohunter all last year, sold it and will be trying the Tethrd this year.

I'll toss it in the truck when I go to Wyoming for Elk, unsure if it'll get used.

My opinion on saddles: They definitely have their place, very versatile, but not the solution to all the worlds' problems some make them out to be. There are still some scenarios I prefer a stand.

I’ve been saddle hunting since 2014 and for whitetails in the mountains of WV they just work perfect for me. I run a Tethrd setup and it’s awesome. There are lots of options for really lightweight setups like cranford steps and aiders that would be light enough for backpack hunting even. It’s such a versatile system that’s it’s easy to get overwhelmed with it all starting out but with some research and practice it’s a really effective tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
I really really really wanted to like a saddle system. I live next to some big woods so I got lots of practice but it just didn't work well for me. Maybe the newer equipment is different but I'm also old enough now for the Denny's discount so I'm just sticking with sticks and hang-on.

Beendare

WKR
.... but I'm also old enough now for the Denny's discount so I'm just sticking with sticks and hang-on.

I'm stealing that^ line....

I'm playing with the saddle right now...but with some hip pain already, and some lingering back issues, it might not work. Playing with SRT and DRT too. Its a bit of work and tossing in the dark is going to be tougher than the one tree I've been practicing on.

Anyone used this JX3 hybrid system? 10# is about the only negative

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
I live / hunt in northern Alberta, I use hang on tree stands, self climbers and a tree saddle. All have their place and all work. My saddle is a diy unit that weighs in at less than 6lb total it is easily packed in my 20-45 L bag and offers amazing versatility for packing in long distances. It's not as comfy as my self climber for long sits but is 1/3 the weight so...