The 1 Thing You Learned- Varmint Hunting

Take your time. I cant count how many times ive taken some ground squirrels then broke off and headed somewhere else only to glass back where I was an hour later and see them all back out. SIT em out!

TheGDog

WKR
Take your time. I cant count how many times ive taken some ground squirrels then broke off and headed somewhere else only to glass back where I was an hour later and see them all back out. SIT em out!

Besides taking a sit... there's also just listening for them as you pass thru. Since the Ground Squirrels do their Squeek to let each other know they've spotted something. Then it's just using your Binos carefully to look around in the direction you think the Squeek came from, since lotta times they're up in a scrub-oak or juniper bush to get up high to be on the lookout better.

Kinda acts like practice for glassing the bigger critters at distance, since these are much smaller critters, so finding them in a bush, or at the base of a shrub in a shadow at 80-100yd, visually is the equivalent of looking for that much larger critter at like 200-600yd

For Squeeks? .17 HMR is AWESOME! Soo much Fun being surgically precise out to 100 when you're like in a Ravine that gets you outta the wind.