The Brotherhood of the Traveling Pack: A Journey

Team Initial Ascent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor

1 Pack. 12 months. 12 hunters

This amazing project was concocted by our own Steve Opat (Alaskan Odysses Podcast) and based on the idea from the movie "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". I know, out of the box and comfort-level style thinking. He brought the idea to Joe and I, and together we refined the idea that has taken on a life of it's own.

Here's the scoop on the 'Brotherhood of the Traveling Pack':

For the next year (started in August), one Initial Ascent IA4k pack will be traveling the country (and hopefully the world) to spend a month with 12 lucky hunters. These men will come in all shapes, sizes, and experience levels. Along the way, these fine folks will document their experience with the pack. All this should serve to demonstrate how versatile the Initial Ascent system is and allow us to enjoy the stories and experiences from these adventures. This journey is all about a "Brotherhood" and the adventures and stories that go along with it.
Caribou 1.jpeg

Along the way, each user follows these Rules of Engagement:

1. Document your hunt adventure in the provided journal​

2. In the journal, list your favorite feature of the IA pack system​

3. Capture pictures/content of your hunt with the IA pack​

4. Write a personal note in the journal to the person to whom you send the pack​

5. Take a selfie with the Mountain Dude atop the highest peak on your hunt.​

6. Send something useful with the pack to the next person​

7. Using a sharpie marker, write your name, first species harvested, and the state you were in; on the inside of the pack.​

8. Wash the pack and accessories before shipping to the next person​

Inside Pack.JPG
We're hoping this pack can travel the world this year. If you Rokslide members have a big or important adventure planned in the months ahead, comment on this thread and let us know that you're interested in being a part of the Brotherhood and hosting the pack. Our team will work with the current host to pick the next one.

We have something cooking for you ladies too! Stay tuned!

To get caught up on the journey, you can visit the blog on our website.
https://initialascent.com/the-brotherhood-of-the-traveling-pack-a-journey/

Rock-o

WKR
What a fun project.

Early February I have an Aoudad hunt in southwest Texas and would be down to take it on that trip if the pack has nothing better lined up.

OP
Team Initial Ascent

Team Initial Ascent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
What a fun project.

Early February I have an Aoudad hunt in southwest Texas and would be down to take it on that trip if the pack has nothing better lined up.
Fantastic! Thanks for your interest. Consider yourself thrown into the hat. Send an email to
[email protected]
and tell us a little about yourself and why you would be a good candidate for the pack. Doesn’t have to be long or too in depth. Thanks and we’ll let you know as we get closer!