The death of the retail store

CorbLand

WKR
This is a real thing, also not great because often I want to pick up and handle a rifle/shotgun before I just blindly buy it off line and have it shipped to store
You can order them and cancel the order when it comes in. You just have to float the expense for about two weeks.

Oh the stories I could tell about working for a big box store. Some days I miss it.

NDGuy

WKR
I remember walking into Cabelas with a sense of awe and wonder. Now it looks like walmart inside.

Scheels is the best current SG store. Glad they are here, no BS and have a great stock of items and will price match damn near everything. No brainer for me to shop there.

Peregrine

FNG
My Karen moment.

I can’t stand dealing with retail stores anymore.

Went to Cabela’s yesterday to buy some turkey shells, online says they have them in stock at the store, nope, not in store. Left empty handed. Side note, that place is so sad. The trout tank had carp in it. 😂

Went to sportsman’s this morning, bought some turkey loads, not what I wanted but at this point I’m tired of looking.

Bought a powder funnel set. When I got home I went to toss the receipt, they overcharged me 5 bucks for the powder funnel from the price marked in store. I called and they said come back and we’ll refund you the 5 bucks. I’m more than 5 dollars away in gas, plus my time which apparently isn’t worth much.

Oh well, a good reminder why retail is dying. Next time order from scheels online. Thank you for allowing me my Karen moment. 😡
I totally agree. The ability of some of these employees one encounters these days is mind blowing. How they ever were able to get themselves out of bed and into work was a feat in of itself.

sndmn11

WKR
Freaking hipsters man… they have to co-op everything!!! I fished for carp before it was cool to fish for carp!!! And yes I kilt them and buried them in garden in the backyard… but I never taped their mouths shut or took them to a bar… would have been weird since I was 8 #toosoon?
@Ucsdryder grinds them up with his turkey and since it's white meat, it is an indistinguishable filler.

You need to start ordering online and then just picking up in store. That way you know they have it when you head that way. Otherwise, life is a gamble. Remember before the internet when you would drive to a store and they didn’t have what you needed? Terrible.

Now I think they just trick you to get you in the store lol. Can never trust the inventory online. All marketing

I was at Sportsman's recently and found a guy stocking thing like decoy weights. I told the gentleman that I was looking for a Lucky Duck battery. He looked at me and said "haven't seen any." Then, just turned away and went back to stocking as I was still standing there looking at him.

I found the battery a couple of aisles over...

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
You need to start ordering online and then just picking up in store. That way you know they have it when you head that way. Otherwise, life is a gamble. Remember before the internet when you would drive to a store and they didn’t have what you needed? Terrible.

Now I think they just trick you to get you in the store lol. Can never trust the inventory online. All marketing
I remember looking forward to the cabelas catalogs. Rip out the order form in the middle and submit your order. That was terrible, but I spent a hell of a lot less before I could click, buy, and play with it in 48 hours!

I remember looking forward to the cabelas catalogs. Rip out the order form in the middle and submit your order. That was terrible, but I spent a hell of a lot less before I could click, buy, and play with it in 48 hours!
I hear ya. Getting that Hard back catalog was legit. It sat around the house like decoration lol