The Exchange cancelled ammo order to WA

dboone3

Lil-Rokslider
Mainly a public service announcement, but also an airing of a grievance.

I ordered some ammo from the Exchange, a retailer exclusively for military members and veterans for those who aren't aware, and a few hours after I placed the order they emailed me and said it was cancelled. I contacted customer service and asked why it was cancelled and they said their vendors will not ship to WA anymore due to recent firearms legislation.

It is not illegal to ship ammo to Washington, so it's annoying to see vendors take such a hard stance. Shopping at the exchange is a great deal because they generally get exclusive pricing and they don't charge sales tax or shipping, sad that I can't use them for ammo anymore while I live here.

How about blaming the asshat politicians and voters that made this mess? Why should a business put itself and potentially its employees at risk because a jury "determined" that a bullet shot (in any form) contributed to a "public nuisance"?

“...firearm industry member” may be held liable for the “manufacture, distribution, importation, marketing, or wholesale or retail sale of a firearm industry product,” even if that conduct was fully lawful where it occurred and fully compliant with federal law, if it later is deemed by a Washington judge or jury to have “knowingly create[d], maintain[ed], or contribute[d] to a public nuisance,..."

Go look at the definition of "public nuisance" in Washingon. Get the "right" prosecutor and they can go after you for shooting at damn near anything (assuming they use their traditional method of overreach). Likely the some of your jurors are the same asshats that voted for this garbage.

RCW 9.66.010

Public nuisance.

A public nuisance is a crime against the order and economy of the state. Every place
(1) Wherein any fighting between people or animals or birds shall be conducted; or,
(2) Wherein any intoxicating liquors are kept for unlawful use, sale or distribution; or,
(3) Where vagrants resort; and
Every act unlawfully done and every omission to perform a duty, which act or omission
(1) Shall annoy, injure or endanger the safety, health, comfort, or repose of any considerable number of persons; or,
(2) Shall offend public decency; or,
(3) Shall unlawfully interfere with, befoul, obstruct, or tend to obstruct, or render dangerous for passage, a lake, navigable river, bay, stream, canal or basin, or a public park, square, street, alley, highway, or municipal transit vehicle or station; or,
(4) Shall in any way render a considerable number of persons insecure in life or the use of property;
Shall be a public nuisance.

Harvey_NW

WKR
That sucks. And it's just going to keep getting worse.
I've been watching case updates and recaps from Armed Scholar on YouTube lately, and the ATF is taking a pretty good lashing in federal court right now, along with some huge decisions coming up on 2A infringement legislature in the near future. Hopefully some things get straightened out, and we get some of our constitutional liberties back.

I've been watching case updates and recaps from Armed Scholar on YouTube lately, and the ATF is taking a pretty good lashing in federal court right now, along with some huge decisions coming up on 2A infringement legislature in the near future. Hopefully some things get straightened out, and we get some of our constitutional liberties back.
You do understand that our courts have no real enforcement authority so the various levels of government can effectively tell you to pound sand and there is nothing that you can do about it that will result in a true change.

It is easy to modify a few words to change the law or regulation that was ruled against. Then this wonderful process starts all over. Our courts have a de facto standard to keep the new law/regulation in effect until it (if) gets ruled on by the Supreme Court. So our various levels of government have to little fear about the laws that they pass and any backlash that may occur. They know that their esteemed constituents will keep voting them into office and supporting the enlightened policies.

Harvey_NW

WKR
You do understand that our courts have no real enforcement authority so the various levels of government can effectively tell you to pound sand and there is nothing that you can do about it that will result in a true change.
Well aware. They can only do it until there is a ruling that becomes law, though.
It is easy to modify a few words to change the law or regulation that was ruled against.
Unless it was ruled by definition, for example right now "assault weapons and high capacity magazine ban" cases are being lumped together and pushed to the supreme court level, if there is a ruling made that defines assault weapons, and any legislature prohibiting the possession of them is either unlawful or an infringement, it becomes law of the land. There is no rewording it.
Then this wonderful process starts all over. Our courts have a de facto standard to keep the new law/regulation in effect until it (if) gets ruled on by the Supreme Court.
Not disagreeing there, just saying there is some big rulings and decisions in the pipeline right now, and the SCOTUS seems to be sticking to only supporting laws that are supported by traditional context, and pumping out definitions. Like the ATF pistol brace rule, shot down.
So our various levels of government have to little fear about the laws that they pass and any backlash that may occur. They know that their esteemed constituents will keep voting them into office and supporting the enlightened policies.
Again, we need the federal rulings with definitions to protect it so they can go after something else.

I'm trying to be optimistic that the American Justice system still has some red blooded Americans in it.

Maki35

WKR
It's not just WA. It has been happening in many States because of our anti-gun politicians.
Many online retailers don't want to deal with the restrictions that some States have.

It's difficult to find a retailer that will ship to my state without having to go through an FFL just to buy ammo.