The importance of Made in USA

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
By the time I arrive at the shop with a coffee, the employees are busy cutting, sewing, and getting products ready for shipment. When I started T & K in 2018, I knew I wanted to keep manufacturing within the United States. For me it was for patriotic reasons after serving in the Marine Corps.

As I opened the door today, all of the employees greeted me after coming back from Elk hunting in Colorado. I don't get to escape the shop often, as I keep pretty busy making sure people are outfitted for their hunts in the fall. I sat there with my coffee for several minutes and just watched. Sewing machines humming, laughing amongst co-workers, and buckets being filled up with gear. Sometimes we get used to the daily grind. We forget how awesome it is to see things being made by people you pass by in the grocery store. A work environment that differs greatly from overseas facilities. A very important aspect if you believe in basic human rights, livable wages, and a safe working environment.

The consumers who purchase from us have allowed us to create this American Made machine. We have sewing machine operators buying houses, cars, and going on vacations they wouldn't have been able to go on with their previous employers. Seeing it happen in front of your eyes gives you a sense of patriotism and purpose.

Not to mention the countless domestic raw material suppliers who benefit from American manufacturing (if said Made in USA companies are manufacturing per the Made in USA laws)

Check the tag and throw some extra money At USA Made if you can afford it - even though many companies that are Made in China and Made in Vietnam are price matching companies producing goods in the USA these days. So, it's really not a huge price difference. :)

By purchasing USA Made, you support a large tree of Americans all over the United States. Every sale and every dollar counts to maintain and create more jobs in this country. From the people creating the fabrics to the sewing machine operators completing the final product.

If you ever want to see our products being manufactured...be sure to follow us on social media and/or stop by our shop in Rapid City, South Dakota. It's pretty cool to see the products that you use in the field being creating before your eyes.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Last edited:

RAAAR

FNG
Yeah, I have yalls gators and rangefinder pocket for my HPG kit bag, and they are totally solid gear. I'll be getting more from you and HPG for sure to try to stay US made as much as possible.

S/F

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
I know you aren’t making clothing but I’d order today if you made a camo fleece jacket with pitzips. No one else is doing that anymore.

Edit: American made is very important to me.
We could do clothing, but it would be a large investment for machinery and patterning correct sizes. If I had a million dollars I would do it tomorrow.

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
Amen brother! Thanks for being one of the good ones. I have lost 2 jobs in my lifetime due to import pressure, and one lying through their teeth while they moved production to China. You are doing a very good thing!

eamyrick

WKR
I think you are spot on. Was about to grab a very nice sleeping back and thought maybe I’ll just wait a few more months and get the one made in the USA. I have 2 young boys and realize that the more I buy overseas the more they are likely they are to be dependent and have less job opportunities.

Great post. I try to buy American made in everything. I have stuff not made in this country. But, as the Lord blessed me, I’ve traded those things for made in America. The only thing in hu ting with not made in this country is some of my clothes. I’d change that goo if there were alternatives.

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
Amen brother! Thanks for being one of the good ones. I have lost 2 jobs in my lifetime due to import pressure, and one lying through their teeth while they moved production to China. You are doing a very good thing!
Really sad to hear this man. I feel like the American work force has been slowly killed off since the 90's when Clinton made those deals with China.

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
On the same note, those of us who don't have the wool pulled over our eyes should not give views, clicks or follows to those in the industry that get paid to be schills for chinese manufactured, rebranded goods/optics.

Well, I really wish there would be a company that stepped up and made optics in the USA. If I had the knowledge and money...I would do it in a heart beat. That goes for a lot of products in the hunting industry. The next best thing is obviously European or Japanese products, as they are manufactured in a country that is an ally to Democracy, livable wages, etc.

Same thing goes with cell phones and more. Unfortunately, from personal experience, there is no incentive for these companies to manufacture here unless they do it on the notion of patriotism and ethics. I honestly wish the government would do something/anything to keep companies from manufacturing in China or Vietnam. Tax breaks, grants, etc. Instead of giving out billions of dollars to countries that hate us, we could give it to companies that provide jobs and economical dependence.

All we can do is our small part, which is what our company and some of my competitors do. Changing people's perspective starts with personal action. We have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on USA labor and USA raw materials over the past several years.

I check tags and try to keep my money in the USA or with USA friendly countries as much as possible.

Last edited:
OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
“Well, I really wish there would be a company that stepped up and made optics in the USA”

Nightforce & Leupold do.
Oh I know their scopes are. I have Leupold scopes that are made here. I was just unclear on binoculars being made here.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Great post! What are your current plans for expanding your product offering? Also, make blaze orange great again please! Would love to see something like the discontinued "rapid rifle cover" in blaze orange.