The new Vortex 15x56 Diamondback HD

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just received these in the mail and looking forward to trying them out and doing a review! So far so good!

Attachments

• 84856C21-2EA6-4005-AE08-6D6AC7B9416E.jpeg
    84856C21-2EA6-4005-AE08-6D6AC7B9416E.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 113
Keep us posted. I asked vortex about the comparison between these and the vultures as they are very close on price right now. Vortex seemed to slightly favor the diamondback in every way

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

22lr

WKR
Looking forward to the review. They seem like a pretty good budget glass option! Im tempted to try a pair out to see how I like running a 15x pair, and being able to leave the spotting scope more often. $350 is a dang good price point as well!

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
So far so good! They seem like a much higher price binocular! Very nice price point to say the least!!

TheGDog

WKR
Vultures rock! Figuring no way these can be as good as the vultures, just from looking at the overall weight of them. Seems typically the better glass adds a lot of weight, that I've noticed. Since it's a more dense glass.

Yeah... they are obviously phasing out the Vultures in order to force you to cough up more loot for the better glass. Go look at their model line now. Ya got that DiamondBack HD. Then... the next time you come across a Bino at least 15x is the 18x Kaibab's as you move upward thru their product line. They made those Diamondback 15's just to tease you. They saw that people weren't going for the upper models as much as they wanted while those Vultures were still around.

pc3

WKR
Disappointing they are discontinuing these, my son was wanting a pair for a present in the future. It will have to be DB's so I will be following this with interest.

I also cant get over some of the prices they want for their higher end stuff that's now Chinese made...e.g Fury's are north of 2k here in Oz.

TheGDog

WKR
Disappointing they are discontinuing these, my son was wanting a pair for a present in the future. It will have to be DB's so I will be following this with interest.

I also cant get over some of the prices they want for their higher end stuff that's now Chinese made...e.g Fury's are north of 2k here in Oz.
If you truly want them, better get on it. There are still Vortex Vultures at OpticsPlanet for sale.

TheGDog

WKR
just found them on black ovis, with the rokslide discount they are 314.00
You'll love 'em. You can grid-out a ridge real quick with 'em. I have the Outdoorsman's Micro Pan Head and the Bino Stud Adapter. They have a nice and wide FOV, even with glasses on! The weight is a meh. But it's not horrible. If you think you're going to be doing a lot of quick little freehand observations, for closer things, then bring along their DB 8x26's as well.

ChrisAU

WKR
For guys who want them make sure you use active junky with black Ovis and the Rokslide code, or check out sportoptics.com

MeatBuck

WKR
Anyone have anything else to add to this thread?

I picked up a pair of the 15x56 dback HD’s at sportsman’s last week. 5% off since I had to get the corona-v editions outta the glass case. These blow my 10x50 leupolds out of the water. Don’t know why I didn’t go to these sooner.

Any issues I may run into with these? Should I have saved up for meo’s?

Last edited:

_Rhino_

FNG
for those who have the 15x’s; do you think they could replace a spotting scope for most use cases?